• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Alan Flusser" at SteinMart

Haruspex

Reaction score
I despise SteinMart's logo, and so consequently have never considered going inside. It's an occupational hazard for those in the design trade.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is one in DC at Friendship Heights, which is the higher-end retail spot in the city. It's across the street from Saks and NM. Inside, it looks like a Walmart and is mainly women's clothing. I didn't see any men's stuff worth buying the last time I was there. They had some Theory suits and some really ugly Armani.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sw9ugj.jpg

f0bz4p.jpg

2q3ubr7.jpg

n39f13.jpg

3525cut.jpg

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik

3525cut.jpg

The Indiana Jones hat has me sold!

Seriously, the DC store sucks. Your store has an actual selection.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more. I hadn't been in over a year, and this time I found no RLPL, no Hickey golf clothes, or even mid-level Polo. Instead there was a Flusser, Flusser Golf, and Flusser Classic (all made in Vietnam or China) and some RL Chaps
frown.gif
So it seems like they are moving further away from closing out major brands, and more to selling their own (low quality, but low priced) brands.

6nw8kl.jpg

34i3cro.jpg

2wgfwx4.jpg

2jaiv5z.jpg

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think when it comes to DC, Filene's Basement has a lock on the good bargain stuff.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I think when it comes to DC, Filene's Basement has a lock on the good bargain stuff.

Frankly, FB can be the best department store in DC for men's clothing. Pretty sad reflection on the state of things. Saks is sometimes interesting but mostly off the mark, NM is geared towards women buying expensive brand names for their husbands...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Frankly, FB can be the best department store in DC for men's clothing. Pretty sad reflection on the state of things. Saks is sometimes interesting but mostly off the mark, NM is geared towards women buying expensive brand names for their husbands...

That's true, but I like the attention at Saks. The selection is just small and they have way too much Armani.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
That's true, but I like the attention at Saks. The selection is just small and they have way too much Morani.
It's what sells.

I would hope you would have changed your avatar by now. Yes, you can.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
It's what sells.

I would hope you would have changed your avatar by now. Yes, you can.

It's the whole look like a "respected man of the people who doesn't know what he's doing/if he does he doesn't want anyone to know he does" thing too.

... and I've been lazy about the avatar. I was going to get to it.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You're too stylish for SteinMart, Jan. And I'm not saying that to flatter you but to save you the trip.

Thanks for the tip, Doc. Actually, without looking into the matter, it could be but a scant detour from my daily commute. However, judging from the photos, I am inclined to agree with your assessment.

Oh, and I wonder if that "Indiana Jones" hat is made from recycled wool. It kind of has that look.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was such a thing as recycled wool. But this one was probably $20-30 bucks, if that tells you anything.

I did, however, almost buy a simple, silver-tone tie bar for $10. Just as plain and simple as you can imagine.

TB6093W.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Thanks for the tip, Doc. Actually, without looking into the matter, it could be but a scant detour from my daily commute. However, judging from the photos, I am inclined to agree with your assessment.

Oh, and I wonder if that "Indiana Jones" hat is made from recycled wool. It kind of has that look.

A prime piece of headgear for the Fedora Lounge neophyte.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads