• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Nudie cuts would you compare to APC NS, Rescue, and NC

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying some new nudies and want to try comething other than slim jims. I dont really have anything to compare the other cuts to so I wanted to see which are comparable to APC NS, Rescue, and NC.

I compared the Rescue measurements and those of my Slim Jims and they are pretty much identical (although I have heard rescues compared to Reuglar Alf, which doesnt seem right to me considering how baggy/loose that cut is). But what about NS and NC?

I was thinking:

NS= Grim Tim
NC= Thin Finn
Rescue=Slim Jim/ Even Steven

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
I have the APC Rescue and Nudie Average Joe. I'd say they are quite comparable in fit.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Don't know what sizes you're measuring but I highly, highly doubt that Rescues in a comparable size are similar to Slim Jims. That simply doesn't make a lot of sense.

If anything I'd say it's more like AJs.

Ha...and Ace beat me to it.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think its been mentioned in the i have a jean thread that the measurements on even steven and NS are pretty comparable.

bwong337

Reaction score
i have both the even steven and NS, and the even steven is a lot more relaxed.

Grant

Reaction score
I sized down on NS and average Joe and the cut is pretty similar besides the slight taper on the NS

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Don't know what sizes you're measuring but I highly, highly doubt that Rescues in a comparable size are similar to Slim Jims. That simply doesn't make a lot of sense.

If anything I'd say it's more like AJs.

Ha...and Ace beat me to it.

34x34 SJ and 32 Rescue, the SJ's are a bit tighter in the knee and leg opening by about 1.25" and .75".

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwong337
i have both the even steven and NS, and the even steven is a lot more relaxed.
what was your sizing on them?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about which Nudie cut is right for me. The NS Rescue fits me well but below the knee it's a bit looser than I want. Should I go for the Average Joe or Big Bengt?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
34x34 SJ and 32 Rescue, the SJ's are a bit tighter in the knee and leg opening by about 1.25" and .75".

A 32 Rescue is near identical with a 34 Straight Sven, minus about a half an inch on the rise for the SS.

AlexDeLarge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
y are you so intent on nudie?

He like many others is blinded by their loud stitching and end up buying overpriced low quality denim.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexDeLarge
He like many others is blinded by their loud stitching and end up buying overpriced low quality denim.

I like many others have numerous pairs of "quality" raw denim and am looking for some non-raw, and nudie, jean shop, and dior are the only alternatives that make non-raw cuts and washes that interest me...

Do you have any suggestions

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexDeLarge
Wow, thanks for solving the Nudie code! That must be why so many of us wear Nudies on here. I mean, it can't be the fit, right? It has to be the ****** denim that they use on every single model they put out! Seriously, thanks so much. I can sleep well tonight knowing that tomorrow I'll be putting up my Nudies on B&S and pawn them off to some poor unsuspecting sucker!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads