• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Goblin

Reaction score
I think this thread was my first greeting back after a middling absence. ... prior to that, Streetwear & Denim was invading a purse forum. Every time I think SF couldn't get any more bizarre and rad, something like this or the Great Trad Conspiracy pops up.

Is the OP even still around?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
yeah. i can't think of a greater style atrocity than adhering to a 'golden rule of shape.' Nothing says 'stiff' to me louder than that...
I've always found "stiff" style rather fascinating in a manipulative perverse gentleman pervert kind of way--men who dress impeccably, a flower in his lapel, smoking through a holder whilst watching S&M going-ons through a screen in some Modernist room without getting aroused.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've always found "stiff" style rather fascinating in a manipulative perverse gentleman pervert kind of way--men who dress impeccably, a flower in his lapel, smoking through a holder whilst watching S&M going-ons through a screen in some Modernist room without getting aroused.

yeah but that's artfully, almost deliberately stiff. I find that interesting too. Overthinking whether or not one's outfit is perfectly symmetrical and fussing over insignificant details - that's not.

But even then, i've always had a leaning for more spontaneous, loose and free flowing style - hence my admiration and loyalty towards Yohji's work.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
You know, sometimes I feel badly for people who dress like this, sometimes I want to slap some sense into them, and sometime it discourages me from any sort of response whatsoever (the "what is the world coming to" effect). I can't confess to having any particular reaction to this thread, except for "Good lord, those shoes should not exist on this or any other plane." One would think we lived on Frogstar World B, past the point of the Shoe Event Horizon... obscure reference.

DeaconBoogie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
I give you tremendous credit for making Scott Storch look like the rap world's version of the Duke of Windsor

storchpe2.png

What a totally f'ed up ensemble. WOW!

I do like the suit... I love bold stripes like that... But the rest of it, my GOD! I am totally LOL'ing here!

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
00010f.jpg

You've GOT to be kidding. I guess people will buy anything.

Suits You Sir!

Reaction score
mt_spiffy... Congratulations! You've created by far and away the most brilliant thread I've seen here. I'm only a newcomer but I seriously doubt I'll ever see another like it.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
You must have bollocks the size of coconuts to post your pics on here and tell everyone to give you their best shots. I won't bother making comments on your style. Sorry, I have to agree with the majority verdict. But without wanting to sound mean, I sincerely thank you for the entertainment you've created. I've not laughed so hard in ages. Whilst your dress sense does not sit well with me, your outrageous confidence and total belief in yourself does. The world would be an incredibly boring place without characters like you. If you lived nearer I'd insist on taking you out for a beer. I reckon it'd be a top night out. Good onyer mate.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whenever I am having a ****** day I just take a quick look at those pony shoes! hahahah!@

manouche

Reaction score
Not bad for a yankee.

Do you have crooked legs?

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

Do they wear nylon stockings too?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa, just discovered this thread... no need to rent a movie tonight, this is just page after page of brilliant
lurker[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads