• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Additional 50% off sale items at Saks 11/25 to 11/28

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got this email from my sales associate at Saks:

Due to economic conditions Saks has decided to move up the Biggest Sale of the Season to before Thanksgiving. From 11/25 to 11/28 any marked down merchandise will be an additional 50% OFF.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I just got this email from my sales associate at Saks:

Due to economic conditions Saks has decided to move up the Biggest Sale of the Season to before Thanksgiving. From 11/25 to 11/28 any marked down merchandise will be an additional 50% OFF.

Wow - will they do price adjustments for some items that I just bought?

Is this on items that are on sale (e.g. currently 30% off) or only items that are physically marked down with a new sticker on the tag (seems to be much less of this type of merchandise right now compared to past sales).

ziggyosk

Reaction score
does this mean they wont be having a sale the day after christmas? I am planning to go to NYC that day and stock up.

Material Boy

Reaction score
They are still marking down the items as I am typing here. As stated in the thread, the sale is additional 50% off sale items. But there are new items getting added to the sales list each day.

nickwills

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
Is this just in the store or is it online too?

I want to know the same thing. Could go ahead and score my wife's christmas present.

neato

Reaction score
Does this include their "Off 5th" stores?

Shiny

Reaction score
Note that it is the "biggest sale of the season". There are 4 seasons in every year.

Lawman

Reaction score
Slim pickings in Raleigh. I saw a pair of brown cotton Zegna trousers for $40 (regularly $295), but that is it.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sacks Off 5th in Elizabeth NJ is empty, as in nothing to buy.
Neiman Markus Last CAll is full of overpriced garbage and nothing new has been added in months.

Don't belive in SALE hype this is all retailers conspiracy.
tinfoil.gif

Where are all deals when CitiBank is 0ff 90% I want the same discount on shoes!!

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nickwills
I want to know the same thing. Could go ahead and score my wife's christmas present.

As I have been preaching on all the Polo Ralph Lauren threads, do NOT order from online unless you absolutely have to. The reasons are as follow:

1) Far better selection of merchantise in stores than what online can offers
2) Save yourself the tax (in CA, where tax is 8.25%, that can be really significant saving)

If you want something for your wife, this is what you do:

1) Find the item(s) you like at Saks.com
2) Call NY and ask for the women department
3) Tell the SA the item you found online and ask her if she has the identical item or something very similiar
4) If description won't do the job, ask the SA for her email address and send her the link.

Saks like all the Ralph Lauren stores, charge you a flat $15 for shipping and no taxes. If you place a big order, they might waive the shipping.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy
2) Save yourself the tax (in CA, where tax is 8.25%, that can be really significant saving)

I'm pretty sure that if you order something even if it's from a store in anther state they need to charge you the local sales tax if there is a brink and mortar location anywhere in the state it is being shipped to.

went by the NY store at lunch - had some good selections in the shoe section. Will they hold items till tuesday if you give them your CC number?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
Slim pickings in Raleigh. I saw a pair of brown cotton Zegna trousers for $40 (regularly $295), but that is it.

The Raleigh Saks sucks. The Off 5th is not even worth talking about. Anything interesting in shirts or ties? Do you remember the size of the trousers? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads