• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum members beware of ghulkhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

osho

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I would like to warn all the Styleforum member about a waste of space named ghulkhan. I purchased a pair of shoes from him in August and paid promptly for the item by Paypal.
After 4 weeks when the shoes never arrived I made contact with ghulkhan and was assured that he would check with post office and report back on the status of the parcel. 3 days later he reports back and claims the shoes were returned due to "insufficient postage", and he would resend the parcel ASAP. I did not think much of it at the time and gave him the benefit of doubt, after all he's a long term member and he's bought and sold many items on this forum before.
When it got near to the Paypal deadline and no sign of any shoes, I made contact with him again. This time he assured me that he would refund me my money in a weeks time ("times are hard this week" was his reason), and asked me not to file a case with Paypal. I agreed and did not file a case.

As soon as the deadline had passed to file a claim, ghulkhan completely disappeared from me. Started to ignore my private messages and emails. I even approached him in another thread and he stopped posting for few days and now he is back posting like nothing ever happened. He still has not made any contact with me. That sonofabiatch has not even apologised for his shocking behavior.

He is scam artist and I just want everyone to know that, a big pile of S**T who pretends to be some rich *****, when in-fact all he is a waste of space. Don't trust a word of what this guy has to say.

Thanks for reading, end of rant from me.

smile.gif

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Woa you seem like a smart guy I wonder why you let the deadline pass and not leave yourself a day in case he doesn't come through by then?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He lives in NYC. I'm sure you could find some NY members to go rough him up for you.

osho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Woa you seem like a smart guy I wonder why you let the deadline pass and not leave yourself a day in case he doesn't come through by then?
Yeah, I wonder why too. I guess I am not that smart after all. I think I was being naive, trusting that this guys would send me the shoes or refund me my money. I can understand if this was on Ebay one comes to expect douchebags to do these kinds of thing, and protect oneself. But on a forum like this with loads of posting to his name.........
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope Ghulkan will clear all this up and that it was all some sort of misunderstanding... but at first read it sounds like somebody has been going to the "BergdorfGoodwill School of E-Commerce." I find this especially shocking given how Ghulkan has posted pics/talked about his expensive cars and his expensive rent, and just YESTERDAY posted on the "recent purchases" thread how he's been buying Jil, Lanvin, Margiela clothes and stuff. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=6214
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
I can sympathize with the OP. You don't expect to be ripped off by a longtime member who has done a lot of sales, so we tend to be rather trusting and give them the benefit of the doubt. I've been selling for nearly 8 years and just a few weeks ago got ripped off on another forum (basenotes) on something similar. I'm usually "smarter," but you trust your fellow forumites more than you would a nameless ebay buyer/seller.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Wasn't that guy homeless?
Yeah, BG went through a really tough patch, from what I understand. Of course, that doesn't make his behavior/ripping people off excusable, but at least PARTIALLY understandable or able to sympathize given what happened. I'm still going to give Ghulkan the benefit of the doubt, but if it turns out to have ANY truth to the OP's story, then it's really beyond the pale. Posting the purchase of several thousand dollars worth of clothes after not following through on a sales obligation while ignoring the OP is really unacceptable. But, again, I'm content to withhold any further snarky comments until Ghulkan posts his side of the story. Maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding. ...I hope.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
quick dipstick...should I leave this thread up so he can respond, or pull it down on general principle?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leave it up so he can respond. If we can't shame people, what do we have left?

In before lock too.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for leaving it up...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't think Ghulkan reads this forum.

If it doesn't involve being on Jet's jock it doesn't interest him.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
quick dipstick...should I leave this thread up so he can respond, or pull it down on general principle?
If it hasn´t already been done, perhaps someone should point ghulkhan at this thread.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leave it up, justice must be served.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is very disappointing.

I'm sure Socal is a very busy guy too, but he still managed to find the time to ship out dozens of free items on top of paying for the shipping.

Now that's a class act.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I don't think Ghulkan reads this forum.
he posted 10 times in the last 24 hrs, so I think it is safe to say he's around.

and ok - thanks for the feedback, I'll give him right-of-reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads