• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Dior Homme ever go on sale?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
There's a solid navy 2-button suit at Dior Homme that I want. I'm willing to pay full price ($1890), but I'd of course prefer a sale.

The question is, does Dior Homme ever go on sale? I'm talking mostly about their store on 57th St, but any clues as to where else I can find their stuff would be great. Thank you!

7173jhn

Reaction score
Yes it does go on sale. I think some of the collection may even be on sale at Barneys right now but certain things do not go on sale namely the jeans and some of the more classic suits that do not change from season to season. Still I think if you are willing to risk it, in this economy, after Christmas I would bet that suit will be on sale somewhere.

danyllau

Reaction score
Last time in vegas they offer sale on all casual tops (20-30% depending on which) after my first item.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox has Dior suits on "sale" atm.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7173jhn
Still I think if you are willing to risk it, in this economy, after Christmas I would bet that suit will be on sale somewhere.

Nice. And yes, it'd be a risk as I work in finance. I think I'm going to save up old fashion style by taking out a little bit from every paycheck until I can afford it. Unless it goes on a really nice sale, then I'd just load up the credit card, but anything below $1,500 isn't much of a liability for me, in fact it'd be my only debt.

But damn, love that suit.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
You could get a RLBL suit for under 1k right now on sale, they are slim fit if that's what you're looking for?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
You could get a RLBL suit for under 1k right now on sale, they are slim fit if that's what you're looking for?

Yes, I'm banging my head on the table, but I'm going on vacation to Rome/Siena/Montalcino starting this Friday so all of my finances are tied up. I was seriously looking at RLBL, but I was going to wait until after the holiday season regardless of who makes it.

And that link is nice - if only it was in navy and not black, I would absolutely pick one up. I might drop him a message to see if he has navy.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I've never seen a navy DH suit. It just wouldn't fit the brand. I believe a few were produced and he showed them once or twice on the runway but I'm not even sure.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
those are 2 very different styles. rlbl won't get fuuma laid in the club. get with it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
2x a year

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
those are 2 very different styles. rlbl won't get fuuma laid in the club. get with it.

But they really are different styles, DH has very little waist suppression.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I've never seen a navy DH suit. It just wouldn't fit the brand. I believe a few were produced and he showed them once or twice on the runway but I'm not even sure.

Me neither - then I was in the store one day and pulled out the black 2-button and asked if if they had it in navy. The guy pushed on one of the mirrors and low and behold it opened up revealing the same suit in navy. I was elated.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
But they really are different styles, DH has very little waist suppression.
haha i was actually serious about that. i don't know why people created a category called "slim" and dumped all these suits in there. i wear RLBL to work...i wouldn't wear it to a party with fun people. and DH just doesn't work on my body...you have to have no drop for it to be flattering if you ask me. now get back to da club!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads