• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nike Loopwheeler T-shirt

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the Nike Loopwheeler tees, like to know how they compare to Flathead and Buzz tees, the quality, fit and sizing.
The price is kinda steep but as they are available through Nike, could use the coupon to bring the price down to like $60.
Does anyone know if the Loopwheeler stuff is available in the Nike stores

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/sportsw...&cat_id=101601

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could buy cool-ass bamboo shiznit from michael j krell and alt. apparel.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone fill me in on loopwheeler? why the hell is their stuff so expensive?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's the ****, picking up my hoodie soon.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
can someone fill me in on loopwheeler? why the hell is their stuff so expensive?

Old style looms. Higher quality stuff. How much higher, can't say from personal experience.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a sweatshirt, well worth the money. Inside is buttery soft. Not sure how the tshirts go though, always wanted to get one.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Get it! Especially if there is a slight discount. Just visited Loopwheeler a few weeks ago and they mentioned the Nike x LW took nearly 5 years to finalize and it may be a one time deal. The t-shirts are soft and get softer with wear. But, if I had to choose, I would recommend a sweat or hoodie over a tee.

Sizing wise, LW is more American fit - but I don't know how the Nike fitting worked out. I am 6' and 165 lbs and have a large and wish I would have sized down. Here are picks of mine:

46" chest, 19" shoulder, 24" sleeve, 27" length

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone carry regular Loopwheeler stuff for US sales? I don't like the logo on the Nike stuff.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Does anyone carry regular Loopwheeler stuff for US sales? I don't like the logo on the Nike stuff.

No! But we are working on something. They don't wholesale, but you can find through Rakuten or other proxy. Ships and Beams carry a good amount.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Over the many years quite a few retailers have bought LW stuff in Japan and resold it in their stores for a far higher price.. even some high profile stores like Steven Alan and Fred Segal (many years ago) had bought some stock in Japan and resold it in their stores..
I had some meetings with the GM of Loopwheeler two years ago and they still weren't interested in wholesaling their product, which is why the Nike thing came as such a surprise to me..
All in all, they make great stuff, but sometimes even i'll admit that the prices for certain pieces ARE higher than what they should be... but with the mystique surrounding the company and their products they can get away with it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd look on Rakuten but I find it impossible to search on that site. Typing "loopwheeler" into the search box returns one result, which is some kind of barbie doll.

Oldboy

Reaction score
A couple years ago I bought several Loopwheeler items through a proxy.....

The hoodies and crewnecks are definitely worth the price. Very comfortable and buttery soft to the skin - and only gets better and better with each washing. I have a W+H hoody in my closet collecting dust because I never wear it. The W+H hoody probably has better construction and details but I still prefer the comfort of the Loopwheeler.

The t-shirts, considering the price, are probably not worth it. Great fit, although anyone taller than say 5'10" might find them to be too short in length. If they were $40 or less I'd buy a half dozen in every color, but at $80 the two tees I already have are plenty enough.

Cali

Reaction score
I love my LW shirt to death - easily my favorite shirt. Thick, soft and tough as nails. Just so you know I couldn't get any codes to work on nike.com so they might have disabled them for the LW stuff.

tagada

Reaction score
Loopwheeler's fabric is definitely of the highest quality you will find, although their clothing is not worth the price it is usually sold for IMHO, but the scarce availability sort of justifies this... They seem to last forever, stay soft and keep their shape no matter how many washing cycles they go through.
I wouldn't buy a t-shirt myself, but if you get a chance to grab some hoody or fleece, you should definitely go for it, you won't regret it.

drunkmonk36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atsui
Get it! Especially if there is a slight discount. Just visited Loopwheeler a few weeks ago and they mentioned the Nike x LW took nearly 5 years to finalize and it may be a one time deal. The t-shirts are soft and get softer with wear. But, if I had to choose, I would recommend a sweat or hoodie over a tee.

Sizing wise, LW is more American fit - but I don't know how the Nike fitting worked out. I am 6' and 165 lbs and have a large and wish I would have sized down. Here are picks of mine:

46" chest, 19" shoulder, 24" sleeve, 27" length

That sweat is exactly what I'm looking for!

Anyone know where I can find a similar style with the V, to fit a 6 foot frame?

Unfortunately the Real McCoy's and Buzz Rickson Loopwheeled sweaters are too short..

Online stores appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads