• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Storm

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Who's getting one? I know I intend to go check one out Nov 21, their release date. If I like it, I'll be walking out with one. It looks pretty slick, has BB email awesomeness, and I think I read it comes with 8 gig already onboard, expandable to quite a few more. The "click" touch feel on the screen has me really intrigued.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I read that you have to sign up for a data plan, which costs something like an extra $30. I am thinking about it, since I'm due a new phone from Verizon after Christmas, and it would be useful to have exchange e-mail and the occasional web browsing.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think I read that you have to sign up for a data plan, which costs something like an extra $30. I am thinking about it, since I'm due a new phone from Verizon after Christmas, and it would be useful to have exchange e-mail and the occasional web browsing.

blackberry always required a blackberry data/email plan, no? why would you want one without?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm happy with verizon and I just couldn't bring myself to get the iphone, so the Storm it is.

lefty

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
blackberry always required a blackberry data/email plan, no? why would you want one without?

And always get the unlimited. Just not worth the chance of going over, given what the upcharge is for overage.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be checking it out Friday, and hope it lives up to the hype. I need a business/personal phone and this could be perfect.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting one for the misses

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I'm happy with verizon and I just couldn't bring myself to get the iphone, so the Storm it is.

lefty

exactly. Everyone we know is on VZ

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Storm isn't on AT&T?
frown.gif

Lucky7

Reaction score
I could not be as client oriented without my current Berry. I will be there Friday, I have been waiting paitently for this baby to come out..I refused to switch for the iphone..hopefully it was worth the wait.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Storm isn't on AT&T?
frown.gif

Yea, do they come in a GSM version? Seems like a more interesting device than the Bold.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played with a development unit that was pretty much the final version and there were a few things I noticed.

You "press" the screen to confirm the key touch, which is good, because the key lights up, then the screen presses in, this way you can type easily for 2 hands, unlike the iPhone because as soon as you rest your hand on the screen the key hits. The con is the key only lights up, it doesn't get bigger like the iPhone so if your fingers are big its hard to see what you are pressing.

Also, when moving the curser back to edit text its really really hard to see where its going, on the iPhone it magnifies the section so you see where the cursor is going.

The unit doesn't feel as good as an iPhone. It feels good and looks good, but it doesn't have that Apple fit and finish. It has Talk and End hard keys which is good if you want a phone first and a computer seconds. The iPhone to me seems more of a computer first and a phone second.

Overall I'd still take the iPhone, but the Storm is a very very capable unit and is fit to compete with the iPhone. Despite the claims, the Storm is NOT an iPhone "killer", more like "competent foe". In the end on this comparison it comes down to personal preference.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
I'm on my local VZW store's list for 3 units. If I like it over the Blackberry Bold, I'm breaking my AT&T contract early to switch over. I switched from a VZW Blackberry 8830 to an iPhone but eventually went back to a Blackberry Curve on AT&T because I can't live without Blackberry Messenger. I hope the Storm lives up to the hype.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty content with my 8830, and I expect it will take at least 1 generation for RIM to work out the kinks from such a big leap (for them). It does look like a fantastic phone, though, and I hope it lives up to the hype.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads