• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5'7", big butt, thin build otherwise

enthuesd

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am trying to wear a leaner look (surprise) but have to work around my large ass. I weigh 150lbs, 32 inch waist, huge butt. What jeans will slim this body? Any tips or tricks?

Wearing a sportcoat, or a car coat, covers it up nicely, and some jeans look okay.

Limniscate

Reaction score
I'm curious to see an answer to this question as well. I'm 5'8.75", 155 lbs., 31 waist. I've been told by a tailor that I have a big posterior for an Asian guy.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rb1 works well (rag and bone). also many 7s with spandex work great, but the actual jeans are terrible. banana republic selvage also is fitted but allows a butt. baggier but good is nudie jeans - organic - even steven if I remember correctly. Also, you can get a waist size or two up in another pair of jeans and then have the waist taken in by a tailor, but they have to be really good - I had this done in DC by a tailor in bethesda with diesels.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Apple Bottom Jeans.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pleated pants that's well fitted around your waist and butt, with a minimal break will make you look good.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Apple Bottom Jeans.
lol8[1].gif

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Pleated pants that's well fitted around your waist and butt, with a minimal break will make you look good.

+100

And use dark colors. The brighter it gets the bigger your ... appears.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, wearing pleated pants, with a butt that'll make Sir Mix-a-lot proud, is an example of using clothes to flatter your genetically determined "flaws".

You may see all the big fashion magazines espousing and all the models wearing flat front pants, but keep in mind that these models are tall/skinny.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to pretty much everything already said. Same thing as you though I'm a 34 waist with big hips, and I just bought a pair of 501s and they fit nicely. I'd also stick to straight leg cut things in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads