• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Chrono

Are all the shoes in that pic NDCs? Except the sperrys and combat boots of course.

I gave a list at the bottom. The greys are opening ceremony. Only the brown suedes and black leather are ndc. The top ones are Costume National Homme reverse leather shoes. They're have a very similar look and shape to the carpe diem shoes, which is one of the reasons i bought them. Thank you yoox sales.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
Does anyone know if the new MIE Docs are noticeably different/better than the MIC Docs from the last few years?

I think they're noticeably different (the leather is thicker/nicer), but maybe not different enough to get them if you already have MIC ones that are perfectly fine. But if you are thinking of getting a pair from scratch, def pay the extra and get the MIE.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chrono, those paratrooper boots look sick. where'd you get them?

youngScholar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
I've worn these through most conditions on 4 continents and they've yet to let me down. I love them. (and sno-seal!)

How are they in winter conditions? I don't mean stalking the tundra, but rather the conditions one would encounter walking through a city.

I ask because the rubber sole looks fairly smooth.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I gave a list at the bottom. The greys are opening ceremony. Only the brown suedes and black leather are ndc. The top ones are Costume National Homme reverse leather shoes. They're have a very similar look and shape to the carpe diem shoes, which is one of the reasons i bought them. Thank you yoox sales.

yeah those costume national homme shoes look really great. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them. At first I thought they were Paul Harnden's I had been lusting after.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
chrono, those paratrooper boots look sick. where'd you get them?
Ebay. Military surplus from overseas. Not the pallidum boots, so i have no idea how you can get these. I thought i saw a pair of olive ones on some israeli mil surp store but that was awhile ago. Magician- They were from like fall 06 or something as they were on yoox for last fall, and yoox is a year behind. I waited till spring and got them on sale. They're my go to laceups for teaching. They work absolutely perfectly with this raf by raf simons pants so i have to keep both now. They run a bit big if you ever stumble upon them online. I wore them in my acne sweater/baggy pants fit a few weeks ago. They're great shoes. Costume National Homme is good quality stuff and under-appreciated on this forum. I mean, most their stuff is kinda boring basics, but i mean, if there is a thread about john varvatos you figure people would mention cn homme occasionally. You can find really good deals come sales time on yoox. A lot of stuff makes it to the real deep sales.

johnny d

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to get some input as I'm looking for something like this, which Leather Soul put up on their site last week:

cnb1.jpg

I really like Alden's stuff, but want to get away from the burgundy color they seem to love (also not a fan of the color above). Anyways, just looking for a solid, comfortable boot like this in a classic brown that'll wear well over the years, so bring on the suggestions if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

johnny d

Reaction score
i guess i'm looking for a darker brown -- they seem a little reddish to me.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those are some beautiful boots. Alden has the best lines for their boots, very classic. The color is a little reddish, but I don't mind it.

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny d

i just got this pair of dark brown alden boots last week. they are wing tips but they look awesome. alden of carmel also has other dark brown boots you may like more.

JG2-6.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny d

Try Cordovan Cigar, or #8. They actually might be the same color im not sure...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Try Cordovan Cigar, or #8. They actually might be the same color im not sure...

they are not the same.

#8 is burgundy

cigar is medium-dark brown

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Cigar it is.

Library-360.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skiwebster
i just got this pair of dark brown alden boots last week. they are wing tips but they look awesome. alden of carmel also has other dark brown boots you may like more.

JG2-6.jpg

i prefer my af84 over my cigar chukkas

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads