• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
^ Sounds fantastic globetrotter! Do you get over there regularly?

4-5 times a year. I love turkish food, highly underated.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
4-5 times a year. I love turkish food, highly underated.

+1 I do not know how to make of it, but, is excellent.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
+1 I do not know how to make of it, but, is excellent.

it strikes me as some extremly labor intensive food - nothing seems to be quick, everything is chopped and shapped and then cooked for a long time with multiple ingredients, or so it seems to me. but if somebody is willing to do thw work, I love it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I did some artisnal bread, cheeses, and roasted red pepper spread last night. Sadly, no foie left.

Tonight I plan to scallopini some fresh chicken breasts, then pick out Aerogarden basil plant. I'll wrap the chicken around some fresh basil leaves and fontina cheese, flour, egg wash, panko, then pan fry in olive oil. I plan to have rice and broccoli for my sides.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the dinner I described above. Those glasses are Reidel, the stemless O series. Some RRV pn by Siduri.

DSC00795.jpg

So, I told my director of F&B I was out of foie. He came to my office this afternoon with a present. Any guesses what it could have been? That's a full size Global sashimi knife, for perspective purposes.

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

Life is good, once again.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^
inlove.gif

How many servings / people was this for again?

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's prob a 5 lb lobe. That could hold you over for what, a week or two, P?
laugh.gif

I got seven, nice sized servings out of that. It will probably last into January for me.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
They're egg noodles, dumbass.

tounge.gif
Well they are a very weird shape for egg noodles. Don't look very Kosher to me...
smile.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JAPANESE DEEP OCEAN SALT & WASABI
kindai tuna sashimi, miso gelÃ
00a9.png
e, ponzu gelÃ
00a9.png
e
YOUNG GINGER SALT & RED SZECHUAN PEPPER
abalone, mango, hearts of palm, cilantro purÃ
00a9.png
e
VANILLA SALT & TELLICHERRY PEPPERCORN
foie gras medallion, pickled cherries, pineapple jus
ANISE HYSSOP SEA SALT & ALEPEPO PEPPER
maine lobster, pork belly, heirloom tomatoes, basil oil
LEMON VERBENA SALT & TASMANIAN PEPPERCORN
poussin, stone fruit salad, sweet and sour
BOLIVIAN ROCK SALT & GREEN PEPPERCORN
beef ribeye, english pea purÃ
00a9.png
e, green beans, assorted mushrooms
MELON SEA SALT AND WHITE MUNTOCK PEPPERCORN
strawberry sorbet, melon seltzer
SOY SALT & PINK PEPPERCORN
white chocolate pavÃ
00a9.png
, fresh raspberries, milk chocolate cream, coconut foam

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Salt / pepper tasting at the Ritz? (I did a bunch of research a while back on a tasting menu to do while in SF. Never did get around to making the trip though)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
JAPANESE DEEP OCEAN SALT & WASABI
kindai tuna sashimi, miso gelÃ
00a9.png
e, ponzu gelÃ
00a9.png
e
YOUNG GINGER SALT & RED SZECHUAN PEPPER
abalone, mango, hearts of palm, cilantro purÃ
00a9.png
e
VANILLA SALT & TELLICHERRY PEPPERCORN
foie gras medallion, pickled cherries, pineapple jus
ANISE HYSSOP SEA SALT & ALEPEPO PEPPER
maine lobster, pork belly, heirloom tomatoes, basil oil
LEMON VERBENA SALT & TASMANIAN PEPPERCORN
poussin, stone fruit salad, sweet and sour
BOLIVIAN ROCK SALT & GREEN PEPPERCORN
beef ribeye, english pea purÃ
00a9.png
e, green beans, assorted mushrooms
MELON SEA SALT AND WHITE MUNTOCK PEPPERCORN
strawberry sorbet, melon seltzer
SOY SALT & PINK PEPPERCORN
white chocolate pavÃ
00a9.png
, fresh raspberries, milk chocolate cream, coconut foam

Did Matt become a spammer for some salt seller?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Salt / pepper tasting at the Ritz? (I did a bunch of research a while back on a tasting menu to do while in SF. Never did get around to making the trip though)
It was actually quite good. I was surprised as the food had not been so great the previous times I had been there. Actually, it had kind of sucked since Sylvan Potray left.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
My gf was a bit under the weather today, so chicken noodle soup (from scratch, baby!) was in order.

dsc0359vn1.jpg

Please divulge recipe.

I recently made some killer chicken stock, but my soup sucked. Plain tortellini in broth the next day was much better.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Please divulge recipe. I recently made some killer chicken stock, but my soup sucked. Plain tortellini in broth the next day was much better.
Ok, let me pull what I can from my memory. Stock 1 4-5lbs chicken 1 large onion, cut in half 2 medium carrots, cut in 1" lengths 2 celery stalks, cut in 1" lengths slivers of about a 2" piece of ginger in a tea ball strainer, put the following: 5-6 parsley stems; 3-4 sprigs of thyme; 4-5 cracked peppercorns; slivers from 2 garlic cloves; zest of 1 lemon; 1 bay leaf Cover the chicken in a big pot by 1-2" of water. Bring it to a slow simmer, then leave it for at least 1hr. Try not to disturb the stock. If you have time, I'd recommend parboiling the chicken first. After an hour or so, take out the chicken and let it sit. At this time, you may also remove the tea ball if you don't like the intensity of the herbs. (I prefer to just leave it in.) Let the stock simmer for another hour while skimming out fat as necessary (or according to your preference). After another hour, remove the rest of the veggies from the stock and skim if necessary. Pour the stock through a cheesecloth into another pot. Repeat if necessary until you get the clarity that you desire. Let the refined stock simmer. In the mean time, finely dice 1 large onion, slice 2 medium carrots, slice 2 celery stalks, and finely julienne a 1" piece of ginger. Put this mix in with the stock and season with s&p to taste. I prefer to use about 2 teaspoons of white pepper here. Let everything cook for another 30 minutes or so, or until the veggies are done to your liking. Shred the chicken, cover and set aside. In a separate pot, boil some egg noodles in salted water until al dente. When done, run the noodles through cold water and strain. For serving, put the desired amount of noodles in the bowl, then shredded chicken on top, then some chopped parsley or cilantro. (I prefer cilantro for this.) Cover everything with the stock, which I would recommend bringing almost to a boil at this point so that you don't lose too much temperature with the cold noodles, chicken, etc. All of this produces a light stock with very good aromas from the veggies, herbs, and especially the ginger. My gf loves it because it's light and clears her head when she's sick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads