• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Yoox and STP typically have a Thanksgiving sale?

vince321

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a couple of suits and was wondering if anyone has information regarding typical holiday sales at Yoox and STP. Is it common for either or both of these retailers to offer discounts over the holidays?

Searching through previous posts, it appears that at times both of these retailers offer huge discounts and great deals. When does this typically occur?

Any help is much appreciated.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, seriously. I am eyeing a few suits, jackets, and shirts
smile.gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you on the STP email list? I regularly get offers of 20% and notices about sales.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both have continuous streams of discount offers and sales, if you get on their mailing lists.

Also note that in this recessionary holiday shopping season, all offers may come earlier, deeper, and more frequently than in the past.

vince321

Reaction score
I have not yet purchased from either Yoox or STP, however did register at STP with the hopes of getting a discount code. They have not sent me anything yet and as I recall, an earlier post regarding a similar topic of discussion indicated that unless you have already purchased from STP, they typically don't send out codes?

If that's the case, then no disocunt codes for me from STP unless a purchase is made.

In addition, I would love to purchase a Castangia from Yoox, but currently they are around $800. If holiday season means a nice discount..................that would be super!

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vince321
I would love to purchase a Castangia from Yoox, but currently they are around $800.
You are not the only one
wink.gif
. Those Castangia suits will go fast once they hit the $500-600 price range.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember STP running great sales about this time last year. That said, they have changed the way & frequency with which they release their coupon codes. You will get the best prices when you have a code (say 20%) that you can stack with a sale (say 20%). I have not seen a 30% code in a year at least -- I would not wait for one.

Yoox will clear out the fall winter stuff closer to the end of winter.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I remember STP running great sales about this time last year. That said, they have changed the way & frequency with which they release their coupon codes. You will get the best prices when you have a code (say 20%) that you can stack with a sale (say 20%). I have not seen a 30% code in a year at least -- I would not wait for one.

Yoox will clear out the fall winter stuff closer to the end of winter.

I've seen several 30% coupons this year,but you couldn't stack them with web sales,so I think a 20-25% coupon that can be stacked with web sales is a better alternative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads