• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Bloomingdales Friends and Family

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends and family 20% off everything sale at Bloomies and a huge amount of their stuff is reduced 30-50% to start, with the 20% taken after. All dress shirts and ties that had been reduced at all were 40-50% off, nad then another 20% after. Grabbed a couple white Canali dress shirts with FC marked down from $250 for $95 each.

Also, all clearance shoes were marked down 50% from reduced price, then 20% off. I know "To Boot" gets beat up on here a lot, but I picked up these Fontaines; dark brown double monk straps down from almost $400 to $135.

BTW, when you guys talk about who made a shoe for To Boot, how do you know? I'd appreciate any info anyone has on this shoe. Are these the good ones or glued crap. Figured I'd roll the dice for that price. They fit well and I like the style. These can hold me over until I can afford the C&J double monk strap I really want.

6219-793735-p.jpg

The Chestnut Hill, MA store had a fair selection of AE, A. Testoni, and Paraboots on the clearance rack...so well under $200.

They sent out a Friends and Family card, but all you have to do is ask and they will mark it down without the card. Great deals on baby clothes too, but that belongs on a different forum.

heard546

Reaction score
I have a pair of chocalate loafers by Too Boot that are about 2 yrs old ,and one of my favoriate pair of shoes. Comfortable, and stylish and reasonably priced. A good investment until you can upgrade.

tony

Originally Posted by DrZRM
Friends and family 20% off everything sale at Bloomies and a huge amount of their stuff is reduced 30-50% to start, with the 20% taken after. All dress shirts and ties that had been reduced at all were 40-50% off, nad then another 20% after. Grabbed a couple white Canali dress shirts with FC marked down from $250 for $95 each.

Also, all clearance shoes were marked down 50% from reduced price, then 20% off. I know "To Boot" gets beat up on here a lot, but I picked up these Fontaines; dark brown double monk straps down from almost $400 to $135.

BTW, when you guys talk about who made a shoe for To Boot, how do you know? I'd appreciate any info anyone has on this shoe. Are these the good ones or glued crap. Figured I'd roll the dice for that price. They fit well and I like the style. These can hold me over until I can afford the C&J double monk strap I really want.

6219-793735-p.jpg

The Chestnut Hill, MA store had a fair selection of AE, A. Testoni, and Paraboots on the clearance rack...so well under $200.

They sent out a Friends and Family card, but all you have to do is ask and they will mark it down without the card. Great deals on baby clothes too, but that belongs on a different forum.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those are some of the sleeker, nicer LOOKING double monks I have ever seen - Vass, EG, Lobb, etc included. I'm not talking construction, but style wise.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
Thanks, too bad the site is down
confused.gif

Do you mean Bloomingdales' site? The mailer didn't say anything about the website, this was all in store. I don't know if it work on-line.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Do you mean Bloomingdales' site? The mailer didn't say anything about the website, this was all in store. I don't know if it work on-line.

I guess I should start reading more thoroughly. I assumed FandF would be online as well as in store. Too bad there aren't any stores nearby.

scwtlover

Reaction score
Did you visit the Chestnut Hill mall store? If so, what lines of good quality suits did they have?

TIA

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was rushing, I had my 12 week old son with me, so it was all I could do to get through shirts and shoes. I'd hoped to look or a sports coat, but he had other plans. It's probably worth a look though.

Originally Posted by scwtlover
Did you visit the Chestnut Hill mall store? If so, what lines of good quality suits did they have?

TIA

guyapprentice

Reaction score
Bloomingdales F/F 20% off starts 10/1-10/4...but pre-sale started TODAY, ...online code is FRIENDS

dastig

Reaction score
none of the codes above have worked. Anyone know why?

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dastig
none of the codes above have worked. Anyone know why?

Bloomingdales F/F 20% off starts 10/1-10/4...I would think this is why.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads