• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Argyle knits

Bates

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the argyle pattern on v-neck knits?
I have quit a few, mostly in black/white/gray combinations.
It seems I cant stop buying them, but maybe I'm the only one that likes them? Maybe I should start to buy one color v-necks instead? Love to hear some opinions!

Bates

Reaction score
AAAAArY8KRkAAAAAAJy1wQ.jpg

Something like this, but maybe wearing a argyle shirt is the same as to scream "I love to play golf"
blush.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like argyle works better with more earthy and neutral colors. The black/white contrast makes it look more like an optical illusion image. Not a huge fan....

I have a decent Brown one similar to this:

gp461205-00p01v01.jpg

It works well with many colors and provides a nice casual look, good for Friday's or the weekend.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I feel like argyle works better with more earthy and neutral colors. The black/white contrast makes it look more like an optical illusion image. Not a huge fan....

+1. I've been considering an argyle sweater, perhaps a v-neck, but it would definitely be in the autumn color scheme.

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
Argyle-patterned sweaters are nice. I remember there was a minor craze for them in the UK about two or three years ago but it seems to have faded now. Doesn't stop me wearing mine though. I have a really nice vintage one from the 1960s that fits great.

Disharmony

Reaction score
I'm planning on wearing one over a white dress shirt on a morning valentines date for a semi-formal/casual look. Is that okay or would I look like a poseur?

Mr T

Reaction score
I have a charcoal Shaggy Dog argyle sweater from J Press. I like it but don't have much occasion to wear it in Texas.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bates
What do you guys think about the argyle pattern on v-neck knits?
I have quit a few, mostly in black/white/gray combinations.

You'll have to ask my mom where she bought it, I wasn't much on shopping in second grade:

4tx5k6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads