• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
It's likely made to Gianluca standards, though.

do you mean mine or the cremieux?

mine was made to the gianluca standards, give or take, probably more give since it has some nice details, but it still has the same tag, and rather well made even with what i think is light fusing. i think isaia may have made some to the regular isaia standards for the choice line, but i'm not sure about that.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when did isaia start making for daniel cremieux? ... i thought that was a joke. i find it hard to believe. i thought all that stuff was made in china.

dillard's is a midwestern mall department store.

edit: ok, looked again. could be, could be. the signature is the highest of the dc labels. i have a few daniel cremieux signature dress shirts. they are not bad. they use jantzen tailor fabrics. they are not great either. could be they are moving up the quality with their top line. and who knows what standards they use with these.

overdog

Reaction score
I was at a Dillard's today and I came across a Daniel Cremieux made in Italy suit with Super 160s Loro Piana fabric. The fabric is decent, but my Super 130's LP Hickey Freeman feels a lot nicer. Actually, I'd say even the non-LP Hickey suits being sold at Dillard's have fabric that is just as nice as the Cremieux, if not nicer.

The Cremieux is definitely not fully canvassed. I did the pinch test. I didn't try it on, so I can't speak for the fit.

By the way, in response to Dewey's comment, I was surprised to see that Dillard's been steadily upgrading the brands they carry. They now have a standalone section for Hugo Boss, as well as a small selection of Ted Baker items. I also saw a huge selection of HSM stuff made with Loro Piana fabric. I know, per SF standards, this is not much, but it sure beats Perry Ellis and Claiborne at Macy's.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
I was at a Dillard's today and I came across a Daniel Cremieux made in Italy suit with Super 160s Loro Piana fabric. The fabric is decent, but my Super 130's LP Hickey Freeman feels a lot nicer. Actually, I'd say even the non-LP Hickey suits being sold at Dillard's have fabric that is just as nice as the Cremieux, if not nicer.

The Cremieux is definitely not fully canvassed. I did the pinch test. I didn't try it on, so I can't speak for the fit.

By the way, in response to Dewey's comment, I was surprised to see that Dillard's been steadily upgrading the brands they carry. They now have a standalone section for Hugo Boss, as well as a small selection of Ted Baker items. I also saw a huge selection of HSM stuff made with Loro Piana fabric. I know, per SF standards, this is not much, but it sure beats Perry Ellis and Claiborne at Macy's.

Uh, excuse me, you forgot the Donald Trump suits.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Daniel Cremieux > Alfani

I know. I was being a smartass. I didn't know who made trump suits, but I assumed them to be competitive with Joe Banks entry level stuff.

I have a Cremieux suit made from Loro Piana fabric that's not too bad. Side vents, flat front, pick stitching - picked it up at a closeout sale for maybe $150 or so.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Very nice Oxxford tan twill vest:

Seller forgot the second 'x' so it's not showing up in search results. Size 42. Retail $375, current bid less than $10.

She had another that I purchased. Actually meant to post this one here, but forgot.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
She had another that I purchased. Actually meant to post this one here, but forgot.

I bought one from her as well!

We are vest twins. They're all in the same twill.

Last night, you told Amy Sedaris that you were wearing a Modern Amusement shirt with birds on it.

I have one too!

[stalking more eagerly now]

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads