• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sock suggestions

raffijian

Reaction score
Hi, everyone:

I'm looking to upgrade my sock collection but this is sort of new to me so I'd like to get people's suggestions/opinions.

I don't mind spending a little extra on socks, or other fashion items in general. I've come to the conclusion some time ago that I'd rather pay extra and get quality items that will last instead of cheap, mass-market items that will only need to be replaced.

The other day I saw some Calzificio Italiano socks and they seemed to be of better quality compared to other brands out there.

They were wool socks and may have been Merino wool.

Is this a brand you would recommend and what prices are "reasonable."

Also looking for suggestions of any quality brand of socks for casual wear.

Thanks.

Rafi

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh... you must swing by B&S for some fantastic socks at great prices. I've grabbed 6 pairs over the last week that are beautiful!

raffijian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
oh... you must swing by B&S for some fantastic socks at great prices. I've grabbed 6 pairs over the last week that are beautiful!

I'm actually going to visit NH next week but I am not familiar with B&S. Is that an abbreviation or the name of the store?

Thanks.

Rafi

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he's referring to the Buy & Sell here and I'd agree. Check it out.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raffijian

The other day I saw some Calzificio Italiano socks and they seemed to be of better quality compared to other brands out there.

Those are made by Marcoliani, just under a different brand name. Marcoliani are my favorites. Durable, great value for the price and wonderful fancies.

At about 50% more you'll see Nagrani. Paul SMith, Pantherella.

Yes- definitely go check the for sale forum. Plenty of Marco's at good prices usually. For example: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=marcoliani

raffijian

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. And, yes, I will check out the Buy and Sell. My bad on that one.

Rafi

XCherokeeX

Reaction score
check out the selection on ebay every once in a while, I just picked up a few. I just typed in Nagrani in the search bar and got like 30 different kinds for a great price!

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
falke. STP, hands down, awesome. much better than pantherellas in my opinion.

A +1 for Falke here.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Marcolianis are the best IMO.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Viccel, pure cotton lisle socks without any synthetic. You can buy them online as worldwide free shipping . The prices are very reasonable too.
Dark colors like black and navy will never fade. No matter how many times they washed.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Falke. They come in so many colors and patterns. Plus I can either have them shipped for free from their Online Shop or just buy them locally from every bigger super market or haberdasher.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads