• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I picked up my pair at Farinelli's today. I think I got either the last or the 2nd to last pair of 32's. They are in hot water as I type this!!

UPDATE: ok so I normally wear a 31 in say, Slim Jims and the SFx5EP collabs. At Christian's suggestion I sized up two and bought the SCxSE06 in a size 33. GOOD CALL!! Hot soaked and they fit just as they should now.

Wait... so you got 32's or 33's? In any case, post up pics!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
34s, post soak
sexsc1tl5.jpg
sexsc2hx0.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great Teger!!! I'm pumped for these now.! What is the inseam on the 34 after soak?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Those look great Teger!!! I'm pumped for these now.! What is the inseam on the 34 after soak?

like 35 or 36

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I picked up my pair at Farinelli's today. I think I got either the last or the 2nd to last pair of 32's. They are in hot water as I type this!! UPDATE: ok so I normally wear a 31 in say, Slim Jims and the SFx5EP collabs. At Christian's suggestion I sized up two and bought the SCxSE06 in a size 33. GOOD CALL!! Hot soaked and they fit just as they should now.
Wait, you sized up two? I was going to size down one, is that bad? Did anyone who sized down get theirs yet?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do not size down one you will not be able to wear them

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks Mauro. And damn you Eason!

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bure
Wait... so you got 32's or 33's? In any case, post up pics!
Sorry - my typo - I got 33's. I couldn't button the 31's up all the way. I had to suck in to button the 32's up and the 33's were pretty snug but not unbearable. I did a quick hot soak and then put them on while they were wet. While they were wet it was a struggle to button the top button and the inseam was noticeably shorter. didn't soak them for very long so I'm going to do a second soak tonight to try to get all the shrink out of them right away.
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Wait, you sized up two? I was going to size down one, is that bad?
Dude, I couldn't even button my "true" size. Sizing down one would be brutal. I was on the fence between a 32 or 33. I could probably have gone either way went with the 33's figuring that it's a lot easier to do some minor tailoring than to deal with something too small to wear.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Anyway, after wearing them all day (in the rain too, guess these got soaked twice), I really like the jeans. The weight makes for a really comfortable pair with a bit of stretch and my fears that they'd be too light for 'winter' in Virginia were unfounded. These jeans also bleed like a motherfucker.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful!!! How did you size them? What is you APC NS size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads