• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate my fantasy football team

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by perusingnature
hey anyone want to help me decide who to start this week (11)? i need 3 potential starters. any help is appreciated.

*steve slaton v. indy
*addai v. houston
maurice jones-drew v. titans
*chris johnson v. jaguars
brandon jacobs v. baltimore
(i asterisked the ones i am leaning towards)

we start 2 wr's also:
*santonio holmes v. chargers
kevin walter v. indy
greg camarillo v. oakland
*devery henderson v. kansas city

most of my decisions are based on matchups alone. anything else i should weigh in before lock and load?

I'd go Slaton, Johnson, and Jacobs with holmes and a toss up for the other wr but probably camarillo.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with everything bdc said. I would probably shy away from Henderson since it looks like David Patten is back at full strength again.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
addai, CJ, Jacobs imo

i just dont trust slaton right now...his td's are inflated cuz of a couple PI calls in the end zone. i doubt he will ever run for 100+ yards.
im looking for the colts to get the running game back to close to where its been in the past. Cj is a no-brainer. Jacobs is averaging 5.4 ypc against some of the best D's in the league, unstoppable imo.

start holmes. not much difference in the rest honestly, probably shy away from walter though, indy is playing too damn good at home

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my D/ST are playing each other. bears or packers? who to activate?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys feel that confident in Jacobs vs. Baltimore over Addai vs. Houston? I know Addai's been bad recently, but Houston's given up 130 rushing yards a game this year and 14 TDs total. Meanwhile, Baltimore's run D has allowed <70 yds/game and 1 TD.

And yes, Slaton did little last week. He had a 60-yd TD reception negated by a penalty, though--a 12-point difference in output.

For the record I say Addai, Johnson, Slaton, Holmes, and Henderson. I like Henderson's home run potential, but I think the Chiefs offense has been overhyped.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
my D/ST are playing each other. bears or packers? who to activate?

Pack lost Barnett for the season and they give up a lot of points, but the Bears secondary struggled last week vs. a weak Tennessee passing game.

Toss-up, if only b/c Grossman's a turnover machine. Take the Pack and turnovers, or the Bears and less points.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
You guys feel that confident in Jacobs vs. Baltimore over Addai vs. Houston? I know Addai's been bad recently, but Houston's given up 130 rushing yards a game this year and 14 TDs total. Meanwhile, Baltimore's run D has allowed <70 yds/game and 1 TD.

And yes, Slaton did little last week. He had a 60-yd TD reception negated by a penalty, though--a 12-point difference in output.

For the record I say Addai, Johnson, Slaton, Holmes, and Henderson. I like Henderson's home run potential, but I think the Chiefs offense has been overhyped.

I know Addai was your first round pick and has been a fantasy bust but you'd like to think he still could deliver like he did last year but he has shown no inclination to break through. He may have a big game but it doesn't appear likely. Jacobs has been stellar and has far outplayed Addai so my advice is based on who I feel is the better player, and it's Jacobs by a wide margin. If we were talking about similar mid to low level guys like the 3 wideouts discussed, then matchups is a huge factor, but with your top tier guys, they play regardless of the matchup...sadly, I don't see Addai in this category but Jacobs has made a case to be there. Of course nothing in the NFL has gone according to script this year so anythings possible.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
I know Addai was your first round pick and has been a fantasy bust but you'd like to think he still could deliver like he did last year but he has shown no inclination to break through. He may have a big game but it doesn't appear likely.

Yeah, you outed me as an Addai apologist (drafted him in two of my leagues). But here's my logic:

1.) His having a "big game" doesn't appear likely b/c he's played NE and Pitt the last two weeks. Jacobs was terrible against Pitt too.
2.) If the Colts take a big lead (which I expect, given Houston's secondary and Peyton's recent play), they'll be running the ball A LOT.
3.) Addai had his last good game vs. Houston: 71 yds, 1 TD in a game that was a shootout where the Colts played from behind.

Honestly, I think the script here is Addai pads his numbers and returns to respectability against a terrible terrible run D. I also expect a repeat of the Pitt game for Jacobs...and Pitt has the 2nd-best rush D in the league.

But you're right in that Jacobs has been much much better while Addai's been a big disappointment.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Yeah, you outed me as an Addai apologist (drafted him in two of my leagues). But here's my logic:

1.) His having a "big game" doesn't appear likely b/c he's played NE and Pitt the last two weeks. Jacobs was terrible against Pitt too.
2.) If the Colts take a big lead (which I expect, given Houston's secondary and Peyton's recent play), they'll be running the ball A LOT.
3.) Addai had his last good game vs. Houston: 71 yds, 1 TD in a game that was a shootout where the Colts played from behind.

Honestly, I think the script here is Addai pads his numbers and returns to respectability against a terrible terrible run D. I also expect a repeat of the Pitt game for Jacobs...and Pitt has the 2nd-best rush D in the league.

But you're right in that Jacobs has been much much better while Addai's been a big disappointment.

I see your logic and agree with it. The problem I see isn't with the logic but with Addai himself. Having a big game vs. Pitt is near impossible so that can't be held too much against Addai. But, he hasn't had a big game all year (100 yards and a td in my book). The best you can hope for as far as the game is concerned is just like the last two times these teams met where it was a shootout, except reversed with the Colts ahead. That would give Addai more carries, but he did have 17 the last time around (season high) and only had a 4.2 yard per attempt which is not so good against a bad defense.

Jacobs has been hot as of late and all season long really, but runs into a great d this week. I still think he finds the end zone this week and does better than his last game with Pitt, but I wouldn't expect to see the performances of the past two as well.

I understand the case for Addai as this looks to be a breakout week for him, but I've been thinking that all year and it just hasn't happened.

BTW, I have Anthony Gonzalez as my #3 (benching him this week though) so I've been just as frustrated with the Colts offense as I believe Harrison is practically done and Gonzalez should be the #2 behind Wayne.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you man. At this point, you can't be faulted for starting Jacobs over Addai's underachieving ass.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Addai looked much better against the Steelers than he did against the Pats, but Rhodes has looked way better both games imo. Rhodes is going to take away a lot of carries...

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not sure why people are starting slaton over jacobs/addai. indy D is solid again with players getting over injuries. i really expect week (indy houston) to be blowout early with indy winning obv. this is the same team that won the SB and started 13-0, they are just now returning to form. ahman green has become (imo) the better runner on 1st and 2nd down for houston and will get just as many carries as rhodes. slatons #s have been inflated compared to how he has run the ball. jacobs is just unstopable too, hes just too damn big.

expect 18-22 carries for addai with a td in there. 12-16 for slaton with a possible big play. i bench slaton and feel good about it

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reports that Slaton's wearing down lend weight to your view.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for what its worth, i have indy's DEF starting in front of NYG this week...take 3 sacks and 2 TO (these #'s are the basement) to the bank

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads