• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Use Tobacco?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Do you use tobacco in any form? Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, snus, etc.

If you do, how often? I generally smoke 5 or 6 cigars a week. I also will have one cigarette a day w/ my classmates while on break.

You?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I had you pegged for a "chaw" guy. What type of cigars?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I had you pegged for a "chaw" guy. What type of cigars?

Padron, Rocky Patel, whatever Cubans I can get my hand on, Romeo Y Julieta, Ashton. Generally $7+.
Everyday smoke is more like a Padron 3000, RP Connecticut, Oliva Serie V. Saturday or "nice" smokes would be more along the lines of Ashton Prime Minister, Padron Anniversary Maduro, etc.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Padron, Rocky Patel, whatever Cubans I can get my hand on, Romeo Y Julieta, Ashton. Generally $7+.

Since a local, draconian law drove my Scotch and stogie bar out of business, I don't think I've had a cigar in about 18 months. We'd do the cigar bar about monthly on a Friday afternoon. I'd always go for an Ashton, Churchill gauge. I'm not a big smoker, so like a mellow taste and cool burn.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Since a local, draconian law drove my Scotch and stogie bar out of business, I don't think I've had a cigar in about 18 months. We'd do the cigar bar about monthly on a Friday afternoon. I'd always go for an Ashton, Churchill gauge. I'm not a big smoker, so like a mellow taste and cool burn.

Smokings laws are getting freakin nuts. Luckily in Illinois, the law is that you can smoke in a cigar store. Or at least, I've never been stopped from doing it.

I used to chew during high school summers working on the farm. Just seemed like the thing to do. I haven't had a dip in 4 years though.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar on average of once a month. My humidor lasting me years at this rate, but ah well. I just don't have the urge or social incentives to smoke more often. Thus, a cigar ends up being a time I really unwind, when I can fit into these otherwise dull moments.

No other point in doing it for me other than for personal reasons.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some chew or snus once every couple months. I like the extra buzz it gives me after I've had a beer or two.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when I used to live with crazy druggie roommates, I would smoke the odd parliament with them - recessed filter came in handy and all that.

Now it's just the occasional cigar or trip to the hookah bar (once a month or less), but my low-level asthma keeps me from indulging too frequently. Kyle: What's a good really mild cigar for someone with weak lungs like me?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I use Tabasco now and again.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Kyle: What's a good really mild cigar for someone with weak lungs like me?

PM sent. Here are some recs--- but b/c I'm such a good man, I'd recommend thinking long and hard before I got into a hobby addictive and bad for you if you've already got weak lungs.

Anyway, to the good stuff:
Montecristo White
Ashton Classic
Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real
Perdomo Cabinet Reserve Champagne
Perdomo Lot 23
Rocky Patel Connecticut

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rub soggy tobacco in the eyes of my enemies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigarettes in 9th and 10th grade. Also dip in 12th grade (yuck!)

Smoked a pipe from time to time in college (maybe that's why I like iammatt).

I don't like cigars but have smoked those too in the past.

Smoke nothing now.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a remarkably unaddictive personality. I can smoke several cigarettes a day and refrain from doing so for several months and so on. I'm not one of those who smokes one cigarette and then dies from lung cancer at age 50.

That said, I should probably try hard drugs now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics