• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Shop The Finest

blofeld

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of meeting Ian at his Shop the Finest warehouse yesterday. Guys - this place is AMAZING. I kept thinking "kid in a candy store." There is so much great stuff there not listed on the site - if you are ever in LA for any amount of time I cannot stress to you enough that you MUST visit Ian.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I've started a thread like this in the past - for some reason he doesn't get a lot of traffic in at the warehouse. Like the man said, the inventory in stock dwarfs what he has on the website. Everytime I go it seems like he's just got a shipment of something. It's not easy to sift through his merchandise, which (with the expeption of suits, jackets and trousers, which are hung on racks) is piled floor to ceiling in plastic storage crates.

mikej77

Reaction score
Where in LA is it located, I have to take a business trip out there next week.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
Where in LA is it located, I have to take a business trip out there next week.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/Store/Tab.aspx?tabid=5

We encourage clients to come visit us in the warehouse. As fantastic as the internet is, it is impossible to replace the experience of touching, seeing, and trying on the clothing and accessories in person. We have had clients visit us from all over the world. We are located a short 10 to 15 minute drive from LAX and with some minor planning I will pick you up and drop you off at the airport personally. All you need to do is come to Los Angeles and we will take care of the rest. There is no need for hotels and taxis if you are making a day trip to come visit us.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
Had the pleasure of meeting Ian at his Shop the Finest warehouse yesterday. Guys - this place is AMAZING. I kept thinking "kid in a candy store." There is so much great stuff there not listed on the site - if you are ever in LA for any amount of time I cannot stress to you enough that you MUST visit Ian.

Well, did you buy anything, do tell!

Are prices negotiable?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Well, did you buy anything, do tell!

Are prices negotiable?

In my experience not at all.

blofeld

Reaction score
I bought a Borrelli tuxedo shirt I needed for the weekend, but will be going back soon for more. He has 4 full racks of Attolini in good colors - lots of navy and basics.

Prices not negotiable as far as I could tell, but $700 for a Borrelli suit is not too shabby.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld

Prices not negotiable as far as I could tell, but $700 for a Borrelli suit is not too shabby.

I haven't seen this pricing on Borrelli suits. Sport coats, maybe, suits are all over $1000.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I haven't seen this pricing on Borrelli suits. Sport coats, maybe, suits are all over $1000.
Borrelli makes two lines of suit construction, though they do not make people aware of the differences. One is fused, and obviously cheaper, and the other is the standard Borrelli production. Maybe this suit comes from the former.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Borrelli makes two lines of suit construction, though they do not make people aware of the differences. One is fused, and obviously cheaper, and the other is the standard Borrelli production. Maybe this suit comes from the former.

Intersting. I knew that they had sport coat models that were fused but they are more like cardiganesque and the fusing is preferable to a heavier canvas.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to set up an appointment, or can one just walk in and browse?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have to set up an appointment. He's basically running the ebay store out of the shop - just call and it's pretty easy to find him there.

I haven't seen any Borrelli suits under $1000 there lately either, though I haven't been in there since early Spring. There were some tweed jackets that I've been drooling over for around $750, and the suits were more like $1100. The Attolini stuff is quite a bit more.

He tends to have pretty good deals on trousers (Borrelli, Barba, Valentini, Incotex), shirts (The previous plus Truzzi, Lorenzini, Fray, Finamore) and especially knits. He's got boxes and boxes of beautiful sweaters that I've never seen on the website. Also, last time I was there he had a bunch of beautiful Anna Matuozzo unlined 7 fold ties. Also lots of beautiful Anna M. cuff links, and some nice silk squares that are stashed in a few drawers of a cabinet in the corner, almost as though they were forgotten there (I think I found those by accident looking for ties). There's a huge inventory. Everytime I go in there I feel like he's got more inventory than any men's store to which I ever go.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ian tells me he is working feverishly to get this stuff onto his website

blofeld

Reaction score
sorry, meant $700 sportcoat. agree about the knits - there were too many for me to even go through - some really nice knit attolini polo shirts and cucinelli too - he said he is about to get a bunch more cucinelli very soon...

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have visited the warehouse several times and purchased slacks from Ian.
They were truly a bargain!. He does have a phenomenal amount of very
high-end merchandise, eg Attolini, Isaia, Barba shirts, etc.. Also, a huge
amount of casual clothing- It's Santa Monica, after all. The down side of
purchasing from them Online, is that if the item doesn't fit, you get a store
credit. Other vendors offer full refund. I currently have one for a pair of
beautiful chinos which were evidently mis-sized, probably by the manufacturer.
I live in the Bay Area so when I get to LA, I get an appointment at Ian's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads