• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Pair of Shoes Should I Get?

lpresq

Reaction score
Attachment 14567

Attachment 14568

Which do you prefer, the Santoni Chelsea or the Borrelli Chukkas? The Borrelli at $349 are def. the more costly of the two, but which would be the most flexible addition to my wardrobe. I am looking for a pair of casual, winter proof boots to wear mostly with denim. Please help!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Attachment 14567

Attachment 14568

Which do you prefer, the Santoni Chelsea or the Borrelli Chukkas? The Borrelli at $349 are def. the more costly of the two, but which would be the most flexible addition to my wardrobe. I am looking for a pair of casual, winter proof boots to wear mostly with denim. Please help!

I'd say the Chelseas, since they have a "cleaner" look.

TopHatChef

Reaction score
the second pair, the first look like woman's riding boots.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borelli but buy the same style from Carmina in Paris.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chelsea, but I am partial to them because I own 3 pairs by RM Williams
tongue.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think both of them are classic, good looking shoes. You can't go wrong with either one. The Chelsea boot might be a bit more "hip" and the chukka a little more traditional.

Of course, you could always get both of them!

lpresq

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not seeing any Chukkas on the Carmina website. Although there is a v. nice selection of shoes, how does one even place an order or inquire as to the price?

Im leaning toward the Borrellis, but it seems to be an even split. Which pair would be more durable?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you have to buy from their brick and mortar European shops. It wasn't my suggestion, I just gave you the link. Next time I'm in Spain or France, though....

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree about getting both, but if that's not an option, I'd suggest you consider which best matches the silhouette of your clothing. If you're wearing very slim denim, the chelseas likely will work better. (I also find them more versatile, in general, than chukkas.) But if you prefer fuller-cut denim, or are a heavier guy, the chukkas might be a better complement.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are you getting the santoni's? if you can get the borellis at $349, and that is more than the santoni's, I think the santoni's are a good buy.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just sold a pair of those Santonis last week. They seem comfortable and the buyer likes them too. That being said, they are not in the same quality class as the Borrellis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads