• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customized shirts

Bates

Reaction score
Hello, i am going to order 2 custom shirts online and I need some help with the design!
I'm going to order one black casual shirt, and one white shirt to be worn with a suit.
I want the shirts to be stylish, without being too boring.

I need some help with the color of the button and the color of the thread.
Here is some examples. First Black casual shirt:
blackshirtil6.jpg

White suit shirt:
whiteshirtuu7.jpg

I really want some opinions to help me decide which designs to go with!

/Bates

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Bates,

IMO a black shirt is never stylish. Take another one, or two white shirts.

The buttons are all nice. But the question is which colour suits you.

Yours
GN

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the dark shirt, lavendar is kind of the "in" color of 2008 - although I have to say, I'm not sure the way to make a dress shirt "stylish without being boring" is to change the color of the button holw thread. Why not leave the button hole thread the same color as the shirt, and make your shirt unique in other ways? For example, I think it's stylish to have a different color fabric on the inside of your cuffs. Or, keep the shirt simple and get an awesome tie and cufflinks?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Hello Bates,

IMO a black shirt is never stylish.

Nonsense- for a casual shirt? I don't know what sort of styling you're talking about but the lavender looks interetsing.

For the suit- I'd probably stick with white thread/white buttons.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Nonsense- for a casual shirt? I don't know what sort of styling you're talking about but the lavender looks interetsing.

For the suit- I'd probably stick with white thread/white buttons.

Sorry, this is my opinion. Except if you are brown or black a black shirt is an inane attempt (are there no other colors?). Again my opinion on that.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything other than white on white for the white dress shirt would be rediculous unless you were (1) increadibly talented at putting an outfit together (you aren't because you posted this question) or (2) despite the fact that you plan to wear the shirt with a suit, you don't plan on wearing it in a business or other formal setting.

for the "casual" shirt, i would, personally stay away from black, but if you were set on it, then i think the purple is most attractive.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Hello Bates,

IMO a black shirt is never stylish. Take another one, or two white shirts.

The buttons are all nice. But the question is which colour suits you.

Yours
GN

I never worndark shirts to work on suits, but I do use them by night ( no tie of course) but why is never stylish? Actors use them for Oscars...
butbut.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I never worndark shirts to work on suits, but I do use them by night ( no tie of course) but why is never stylish? Actors use them for Oscars...
butbut.gif

You may not realize that you just clinched the argument against yourself.
smile.gif

JimInSoCalif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Please could you explain? My english is bad, sorry

Actors at the Oscars are not known for being well dressed.

Cheers, Jim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads