• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jon1

Reaction score
Regarding the Rider Boot balmoral, I'm sure they are Blake/Rapid Stitched, as the Martegani factory where Rider Boots are made does not do Goodyear. Price, I'm told, will be $750-775, plus $95 for the lasted trees if you want them. As for getting them in calf, I don't know what Ron's plans are for stock, but I'm sure you could place a special order. I agree that calf might be a better choice for this style.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Gaziano & Girling MTO Wigmore on the TG73 smart square last with steel eyelets and bevelled DOUBLE LEATHER SOLE in Vintage Rioja heavily antiqued/burnished.

IMG_0262.jpg

Fantastic boots Michael. I've just placed an order myself. Any chance of a picture of the sole? Many thanks.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is about as good as I can do to show the bevelled waist on the Wigmore's double leather sole
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

Pengranger

Reaction score
This is about as good as I can do to show the bevelled waist on the Wigmore's double leather sole

Thanks. Just what I was after. I've specified a single leather sole, however I'm now thinking again! Did the metal toe protector get put on by G&G or did you add it after? I wasn't going for speedlacers, but again I'm having second thoughts!

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G put on the metal protector...its sleek and awesome

This was my first boot ever with speedlacing. After 3 wearings...I don't like these speedlacers for if I wear them too loose, they get undone if I have to pick up something from the ground, bend down or do anything which exerts an excessive amount of pressure on the lacings. This sucks for I have to re-tie my laces about 6 times a day.

If I wear them tight, I only need to re-tie them about 3-4 times a day but the boots feel to tight to my liking this way

I have modified my 2 other G&G boot orders to exclude them and if my disliking continues, I might have a local cobbler remove the speedlacer hooks and re-place them with more steel eyelets which I will request from G&G in order for all eyelets to match

Perhaps I'll just get use to doing better lacing or finding a better fit to the boot so that I don't have to re-tie my laces as much

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Has anyone seen the centenary balmoral boot from Paraboot... http://www.paraboot.com/centenaire/c...ctions_en.html Although I've heard of Paraboot, I know nothing of their construction or quality.
I have some shoes from Paraboot, and rate them at the same level as Heschung. Price quality is first rate. Found some additional pictures on BOQ in Japan. Never seen either of these live, but suspect them to be on display in most of their brand stores.
ph2.jpg
I also think the this is a striking boot, but has to much character for me.
ph1.jpg
They are both listed @ 800$ if my memory of yen vs us$ holds up. (/10) For those of you with more language skils than me, here is a link: boq

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michael, you need to learn to half-hitch your laces on the speed-lacers/cleats. Just give them a half-turn as you run them through--it's a lot harder to describe than to do, and once you understand how to do it, it doesn't take any more time.

G&G put on the metal protector...its sleek and awesome

This was my first boot ever with speedlacing. After 3 wearings...I don't like these speedlacers for if I wear them too loose, they get undone if I have to pick up something from the ground, bend down or do anything which exerts an excessive amount of pressure on the lacings. This sucks for I have to re-tie my laces about 6 times a day.

If I wear them tight, I only need to re-tie them about 3-4 times a day but the boots feel to tight to my liking this way

I have modified my 2 other G&G boot orders to exclude them and if my disliking continues, I might have a local cobbler remove the speedlacer hooks and re-place them with more steel eyelets which I will request from G&G in order for all eyelets to match

Perhaps I'll just get use to doing better lacing or finding a better fit to the boot so that I don't have to re-tie my laces as much

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Congrats Michael! The colour is beautiful.

As you've justifiably revived this wonderful thread, I'll just add this pic to the many other handsome examples:

Shannons2.jpg

The one on the left may well be the most beautiful boot I have ever seen!

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I have some shoes from Paraboot, and rate them at the same level as Heschung. Price quality is first rate....

Thanks for the update Speed. I agree the other boots are a bit much
smile.gif

Originally Posted by stilmacher
The one on the left may well be the most beautiful boot I have ever seen!

Many thanks. I think the facing could do with a little antiquing to darken it a tad, which I will get around to at some point.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grimslade...thanks for the information...if you could kindly point me to a web site which would better describe it...I would appreciate it

JJl5000, have you gotten around to wearing all 3 boots or are they still in their pristine Appreciation condition.
I loved all 3. The 888 last in the middle is the best shape. I loved the design of the boot on the left due to the unique stitching (which Dopey or likely E.T. had on his tweed swatched Shannon TD) along the throat (notice its not the swan neck stitching where the throat stitching meets the balmoral brogueing line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads