• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Wow, that does sound nice. My problem with Cuiron was always its lack of projection and the fact that it was always rather muted. Not so with Burt's bees, but the BB lacked the deep leather and plum.

Good combo, T!!!

Thanks - it was an accident, though. One morning I'd used a bay rum aftershave (different brand), and the Cuiron just popped, so I thought...try Burt's Bees.

Ogallala though is a warmer buttery bay rum, and I may give that a shot with Cuiron in the cooler months.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
In honor of the election results, I wore Blenheim Bouquet today.

Would you have worn this if McCain had won?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LV Vetiver today, finished the last of my sample this morning,
Now to decide if i wanna spend $130 on it
confused.gif

Ill probably cave in...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, continuing the stinker-themed week... Today...EL Azuree. And fortunately - because I keep this bottle at the back of my drawer, under lock and key - I remembered to spray only once. Even then it's still monstrously powerful and somewhat overbearing. But I loves it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today, continuing the stinker-themed week... Today...EL Azuree. And fortunately - because I keep this bottle at the back of my drawer, under lock and key - I remembered to spray only once. Even then it's still monstrously powerful and somewhat overbearing. But I loves it.

The world's cheapest stinker for me today, 4711. Remember this stuff? Smells like lemon floor cleaner? Costs about a nickel for 10 gallons?

It's going to be fun today...

VictorC

Reaction score
Ive heard many times that Armani Code is a good aftershave. Anyone have any experience of it. Im not convinced it is as good as ive heard.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ if you're asking whether it smells good - that's a question of personal preference. I think it's fine for smell's sake.

If you're wondering whether it soothes razor burn and is otherwise effective in toning your face, I would guess (just guessing here...) there are better and far cheaper alternatives.

And if you're considering this as a compromise product - killing two birds with one stone - I know very few people who take this route, partly because the fragrance oils can be a nasty irritant to a freshly-shaven face.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
The world's cheapest stinker for me today, 4711. Remember this stuff? Smells like lemon floor cleaner? Costs about a nickel for 10 gallons?

It's going to be fun today...

Don't you have to refresh that like every 45 minutes or so?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
LV Vetiver today, finished the last of my sample this morning,
Now to decide if i wanna spend $130 on it
confused.gif

Ill probably cave in...

Damn that's a lot of coin IMHO, but if you've used up the sample and still love it, then it's probably money well-spent.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
^^ if you're asking whether it smells good - that's a question of personal preference. I think it's fine for smell's sake.

If you're wondering whether it soothes razor burn and is otherwise effective in toning your face, I would guess (just guessing here...) there are better and far cheaper alternatives.

Yeah im jusst wondering about the smell. Is it the best ever armani aftershave, smellwise?
How old is Armani code black?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ I can hardly keep up with the Armani releases, much less the Prive series. Best Armani ever? Jeez. Hard to say. I can't recall any losers in the Armani line, though. Sniff them and trust your nose, because my opinion doesn't mean a thing if you don't like it.

And the bigger truth is: for every scent out there, someone loves it, someone else hates it, and most everyone else is somewhere in between the two. The really good scents just have fewer indifferent people.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is Gucci Rush for men,
I cant wear this one too often, but its good occasionally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads