• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate chinos

vivalaalec

Reaction score
Anyone have fit pics of some tapered crate chinos?

I just got some and I can't if I should get them tapered and hemmed a little bit or just taper them and let them stack.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'll wear mine tomorrow and post a pic (tapered from knees down to 7.5 across hem)

vivalaalec

Reaction score
Thanks!

Do they stretch much? Mine are a little tight in the top block.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dont think they stretch much but I didnt buy them tight, since it's cotton I'd imagine they will stretch out a bit like denim will continued wear

the sizing runs really true so it's not recommended you do any sizing down

vivalaalec

Reaction score
Yeah, they were true to size, however they are still tighter than my sized down 1 PBJ's (although those stretched a decent amount)

rxcowboy

Reaction score
Does any store, anywhere still have these in stock? I'd basically give my right nut to get a pair of these in 32. Hell I'd go on a ******* starvation diet to get a pair in 31 if I had to. Or get a 33 and have the waist take in.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcowboy
Does any store, anywhere still have these in stock? I'd basically give my right nut to get a pair of these in 32. Hell I'd go on a ******* starvation diet to get a pair in 31 if I had to. Or get a 33 and have the waist take in.
Have you tried, say, calling/emailing Secret Service?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vivalaalec
Anyone have fit pics of some tapered crate chinos? I just got some and I can't if I should get them tapered and hemmed a little bit or just taper them and let them stack.
here's a pic of mine as promised tapered from knee to hem, 7.5 across hem. hemmed short to wear with Docs
110408picvn7.jpg

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Man these look great. I would live to get one of the James cuts when they come out. Has anyone seen any pictures of these in black?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The James cut has come/gone...unfortunately they all went to vendors overseas so it's more likely you'll see Bigfoot before a James chino.

I've seen the black ones in the Hamilton cut....same fabric, just black. matte looking, not a super deep black, but def black

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a James III jean in a charcoal greyish cut that was alright, except the thighs were unusually tight and they seemed to subtly flare out from the knee. They were had for ~$35 marketed way down from Barney's, so I figured what the hell and wore them on and off about 7 times over 2 months. By this time the 2nd crotch button popped off and would not go back onto the backing that was entact into the jean material which was frustrating (I bought true to size). Compounded with the fact that the endges were purposely unfinished they looked neat at first, but then the belt loops and such just started fraying nonstop and I would keep cutting off the thread. I ended giving them to GoodWill as they were agrivating to wear. I hope quality and design is much better now than it was a few years back. The experience has made me hesitant to consider purchasing again although the product looks nice.

SecretService

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
here's a pic of mine as promised

tapered from knee to hem, 7.5 across hem. hemmed short to wear with Docs

110408picvn7.jpg

Jason,

That is a great job tailoring those. They look great. And for those interested we do have some chinos available in Hamilton and James cuts black and tan. We brought some out of the woodwork. Actually we just finished a small production run for some accounts.

Erdawe,

Get in touch with me. I hate for someone to have a bad Crate experience. We'll make it right.

- Chad

SecretService

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Are you bringing any down on Sunday? I'm sure that'd bring out the locals...

We will. Founds James, Hamiltons and Routes in the tan khaki and Hamilton and James in the black. Sizes are limited though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads