• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know what sucks? Shipping charges. That's what sucks.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have been lusting after the j. crew shawl collar cardigan for at least a month. I've come this close to ordering it at least a dozen times.I hate adding 20 bucks plus tax to the cost of something. (Of course it doesn't help that I always want overnight shipping.)

So...

Sympathizers?

Or even better... any J. Crew free shipping codes to share?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are their shipping fees, they seem mostly reasonable (they used to be more expensive). How are you getting $20 + tax?

usShippingCost_v2_m56577569830475915.gif

Current codes:
# EXTRA30 (30% off sale; expires 11.8.08)
# ROCKCENTER (free shipping w/no min; expires ?.??.??)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
dont you have a jcrew nearby at your local mall or something? you maybe able to ask them to ship an item to their store for you to pick up. well, at least nordstrom will do that for you.

That's a thought.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
but honestly, that doesnt makes sense to me, if you just put in ground shipping at the cheapest, all this time you would have gotten it by now, rather than debating if you wanted overnight every time you considered it the past few weeks.

also , a 90 minute drive is 3 hours total , only go obviously if you have other business there.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Here are their shipping fees, they seem mostly reasonable (they used to be more expensive). How are you getting $20 + tax?

usShippingCost_v2_m56577569830475915.gif

Current codes:
# EXTRA30 (30% off sale; expires 11.8.08)
# ROCKCENTER (free shipping w/no min; expires ?.??.??)

Originally Posted by Robert
I have been lusting after the j. crew shawl collar cardigan for at least a month. I've come this close to ordering it at least a dozen times. You know what stops me every time? That's right. I don't know--call me a cheap ass, but damn I hate adding 20 bucks plus tax to the cost of something. (Of course it doesn't help that I always want overnight shipping.)

So...

Sympathizers?

Cry me a river.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
dont you have a jcrew nearby at your local mall or something? you maybe able to ask them to ship an item to their store for you to pick up. well, at least nordstrom will do that for you.

if you order instore at a JCrew, they ship the item to you free of charge, not to the store for a pickup. this is a good way of getting around the shipping charge

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
if you order instore at a JCrew, they ship the item to you free of charge, not to the store for a pickup. this is a good way of getting around the shipping charge

Oh, cool. Thanks. Still, the drive... . I gotta calculate my mileage/gas costs.

180 miles round trip/20 MPG X 2.20/gal ...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Cry me a river.
musicboohoo[1].gif

So you're saying you don't sympathize?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its even worse for us living in Canada, more expensive shipping + duty + whatever else they throw at you

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Your point, sir?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Its even worse for us living in Canada, more expensive shipping + duty + whatever else they throw at you

I almost wish they'd just add it to the price to begin with. It's more a mental block than anything. If it were 150 w/ free shipping instead of 130-plus-shipping, I'd probably snap it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads