• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrisons of Edinburgh fabrics

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will the Harrison fabric stand up to this kind of wear though?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Not Premier Cru. Oyster, Fine Classics, and Flannels is all good stuff, though.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

lurch2.jpg

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm dialing his firm now...I'm sure that they could use the business.

Keeping spouses in line sounds like something useful 24/7, so I now foresee yet another expense for 2009.

- B

I don't think he works for people of your political persuasion. I can suggest this little guy in his stead.
Marilyn_Manson_MobScene_L.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I don't think he works for people of your political persuasion. I can suggest this little guy in his stead.

We have our own little guy:

dukakis_tank_7_2.jpg

But I think my wife would find foo cuter, less Greek.

- B

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must also be mentioned that the finest Harrison's books bar none are their P&B Universal heavy weights. Actually, let me rephrase: these are finest books bar none. They start at a featherweight 15/16 Oz and go up to a half decent 20/21 Oz. Sadly, there is nothing gustier than that, and the choices in the 19-20/21 Oz ranges is a bit limited. However, what is on offer is superb and highly recommendable.

They are my default books for everything now. You can forget the rest - all the other Harrisons and Lesser books combined. Throw them all in the bin, save the Lesser 16 Oz book.

p.s. thanks Luk-Cha for drawing my attention to their existence.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
It must also be mentioned that the finest Harrison's books bar none are their P&B Universal heavy weights. Actually, let me rephrase: these are finest books bar none. They start at a featherweight 15/16 Oz and go up to a half decent 20/21 Oz.

I think that mafoofan should get a DB three piece made up by Rubinacci from one of the 20/21s in this book. Fully lined and with an extra pair of trousers to swap in when the other wears out.

Trousers should be cut with a fishtail back for braces. Rather than the usual eight button trouser close, I would double the buttons in a zigzag pattern in the fly.

The tailors at Rubinacci will have to double-thimble, but the results will be worth it.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn Republicans. Practicing voter intimidation at a young age. Maybe we could all rent Mafoofan to go in and keep our spouses in line. If you dress him up just right...

Sure, just make sure your wives can handle big balls.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Sure, just make sure your wives can handle big balls.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that mafoofan should get a DB three piece made up by Rubinacci from one of the 20/21s in this book. Fully lined and with an extra pair of trousers to swap in when the other wears out.

Alas, there is only one (one!
mad.gif
) 20/21 Oz to choose from: a medium navy twill. It's nice though. Order Nr 74177. I suggest a traditional silk grosgrain lining, as Rubinacci don't use rayon linings.

BTW what Vox said was not a joke, even less a suggestion: it was an order

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Trousers should be cut with a fishtail back for braces. Rather than the usual eight button trouser close, I would double the buttons in a zigzag pattern in the fly.

The tailors at Rubinacci will have to double-thimble, but the results will be worth it.

I agreed to be the resident robot whore. Now I'm everyone's dress-up doll, too?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

AC/DC? You're so old.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agreed to be the resident robot whore. Now I'm everyone's dress-up doll, too?
I think I'm going to be sick.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
I think I'm going to be sick.

That can't be right, I feel fine--oh wait, there it is. I need to go lay down.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
BTW what Vox said was not a joke, even less a suggestion: it was an order

Splendid...I hope that you will share photographs when it is done.

- B

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That can't be right, I feel fine--oh wait, there it is. I need to go lay down.

Shall we try one of those Time-Life Books tests? I can touch a hot pot on the stove, and you can see if you feel the pain?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads