• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat question. Not Baseball caps.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering Where I could find a hat like the one below. Also would a hat like it be something that would look good on everyday wear.

00140m.jpg

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that a black felt fedora or trilby? Shouldn't be too hard to find at a decent hat store or online.

I love the look of a nice trilby or even a porkpie in a dark brown or grey, but I doubt I could pull-off that whole 50s retro thing. With modern streetwear you might end-up looking very emo or crustie.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I wear hats from time to time. I used to do it more when I had a regular job and wore business clothes every day. I do occasionally now, but only when I don't want to hit the emo-ironic look that Justin refers to. I've gotten hats numerous places, but my two favorites come from a specialty hat store in Georgetown.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I mostly wear Button Ups with DH jeans or cords and leather boots.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
Barneys has one of the Rag & Bone hats that are similar on their web site. Personally, I don't think I could pull it off as everyday wear.

http://www.barneys.com/Top%20Hat/063...efault,pd.html

I just recently purchased one of the Engineered Garments railroad caps which is a more casual cap.

http://www.barneys.com/Conductor+s%2...efault,pd.html

The Rag & Bone hat does look fairly similar, but if it were me and I was going to spend $150 on a hat, I'd get one from an actual hat maker that was made out of good wool felt rather than cotton.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon seeing SoCal2Nyc's recent purchase of the diamond hat by Victor Osbourne, I looked the brand up. I have to say almost all of his hats seem very wearable by young people; much more than almost all of his competition. SoCal said they retail for around $250.

http://www.victorosborne.com/collection_mens.html

Perhaps you would like the "Miles Fedora", the "Anthony", or the "Porkpie". You might also like the Diamond hat Socal ordered.

According to their site, the online store should be up in a week or two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads