• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Crred's Irish Tweed, Paco Rabanne Black XS and PS London .... I'm curious if anyone has tried Coty's Raw Vanilla?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Dior's Eau Savage
Originally Posted by Thomas
eek.gif
Dopey, what happened??? Today: Hermes Bel-Ami, generally I get dry-spicy-woody from this, but today I finally recognized a bit of smoky incense. Glad I got the big bottle!

Notice the infrequent use. What can I say . . . my wife likes it and I have a bottle. The real problem is with summer gone, I have too many scents too chose from. That is not a responsibility I can handle in the morning. Certainly not before a cup of coffee. But by the time I have my coffee, I am already dressed. What to do? I think I need to either make Pen. Blenheim Bouquet my permanent winter weekday daily wear or else get one of those nespresso machines in my bedroom. I will let you know.
To avoid any error or possibility of upsetting Thomas, last night I pushed all possible candidates to the back of the shelf except for Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouqet. It worked. Today - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet BTW, this morning, my wife and I stopped in the Nespresso bar for a cup of coffee after some morning errands. The coffee was very good. I suggested getting one of the machines for our bedroom. I had this very problem in mind, though I didn't say why. I should have, as she rejected the idea.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To avoid any error or possibility of upsetting Thomas, last night I pushed all possible candidates to the back of the shelf except for Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouqet.

It worked. Today - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

BTW, this morning, my wife and I stopped in the Nespresso bar for a cup of coffee after some morning errands. The coffee was very good. I suggested getting one of the machines for our bedroom. I had this very problem in mind, though I didn't say why. I should have, as she rejected the idea.

That is very soothing to hear. Read. whatev.

Have you considered re-shuffling your morning rituals? I've done this through the years (learning to shave at the sink again...) and it's not as traumatic as it seems.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
. . .
Have you considered re-shuffling your morning rituals? I've done this through the years (learning to shave at the sink again...) and it's not as traumatic as it seems.

No need. I just ordered one of these. Not too expensive, but the installation is a *****.

goldberg_cartoon1.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No need. I just ordered one of these. Not too expensive, but the installation is a *****.

goldberg_cartoon1.jpg

laugh.gif

Whatever gets you out of bed in the morning!

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Love both of these, especially the Ambre Russe. Next to Armani Prive Ambre Soie, the d'empire is my favorite. But, unfortunately the Prive is priced out of the stratosphere, so I think the d'empire is the way to go. Cuir Ottoman is nice, too... I love the rather oily, bitter take on the leather.
I like the d'empire's take on amber and how it is different from L'Artisan or Lutens. I never tried the Armani line. I am going to check with the spousal unit, maybe she has a sample.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juicemakesugar
Yesterday: Varvatos Vintage
Today: Varvatos

How does the Vintage differ from the regular Varvatos?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received a sample of the new Guerlain Homme and am wearing it today. I like it so far, but it's too soon to decide if I really like it or consider it bottle-worthy.

I also got a sample of TF's new "White Patchouli;" I'm REALLY liking that one.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tiffany for Men today. A wonderful, classy fragrance, but it was made by the same fellow who did Chanel PM and the two are VERY similar (the Tiffany is more like the original Chanel).

I still like the Chanel better (and the Chanel is easier to find), but if you want something excellent for business, very subtle, and off-the-radar, this one is a good bet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday, after all the chores and housework, I wore John Varvatos. Not yet sure about today. Maybe something Ambery, or appropriate for a one y-o's birthday. Viold d'Ambre, perhaps?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yesterday, after all the chores and housework, I wore John Varvatos. Not yet sure about today. Maybe something Ambery, or appropriate for a one y-o's birthday. Viold d'Ambre, perhaps?
If you don't want the kid or other kids to bug you, try TDC's Sel de Vetiver. Kids HATE that one... Edit at 3:00 pm. Tiffany for men wore off and so for this evening, when I go to see Barry O'Bammer at the Stadium, it's JICKY time. Nothing better to say both "liberal elite" AND "I think your policies suck" than a fragrance that costs an arm and a leg and smells like dirty baby diapers.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ended up wearing Nicole Miller. Slightly standoffish to the chidrun but okay with the folks. They still climbed on me - one was not quite 2, one has just turned 1, and one was a few weeks old. The 2-year-old was the most fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads