• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King of the Hill canceled after 13 seasons

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never was a big fan of King of the Hill. I just didnt find it that funny. Definitely not on the same level as Family Guy, South Park, or The Simpsons. Doc, I do agree American Dad sucks. I'm partial about a show focused around Cleveland. Not the best of characters so I'm not sure how it'll work.

BTW, love the name. My favorite movie is Tombstone and if it wasn't for you, I'd have taken that one.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In it's place is going to be a third cartoon from Seth McFarlane. You'd think they'd first focus on making American Dad suck less.

At least the third is a direct spinoff of Family Guy -- it's about Cleveland.

Hollywood Reporter story.

+1

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always liked King of the Hill though I haven't been a regular viewer in years. At least they killed the show before it went down hill like The Simpsons.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
My reaction to reading that KOTH was being cancelled while AD stayed on was one and the same: People are actually watching that show? There hasn't been any buzz about either show in years. While the pacing and humor was a bit different than I was used to, at least KOTH was actually watchable. Or at least it was the last time I saw an episode six years ago.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I always liked King of the Hill so I haven't been a regular viewer in years. At least they killed the show before it went down hill like The Simpsons.

+1 except maybe for the Simpsons part.

Eagle

Reaction score
Apologizing in advance to the late, great Winston Churchill, but paraphrasing Peggy Hill (any way); "well Haaank, when you wake up tomorrow morning, you will be unemployed but, I will still be the Thomas Landry Middle School Substitute Teacher of The Year!"
bounce2.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always though it was a pretty underrated satire of conservative Americana...the jokes were more clever than 90% of the crap on TV, in it's heyday. Haven't watching in years, but, these things can't go on forever (unless you're the Simpsons, and even then, at what point are you OK with sacrificing quality for quantity?).

dave

Reaction score
king of the Hill was canceled 2 years ago as well. It just didn't take. Much like the family guy which has actually been canceled twice. Futurama was also canceled and then reupped but the producers just decided to tell fox to go piss up a rope and released the new episodes on DVD. (the next one comes out Tuesday btw)

King of the hill has always been a minor favorite of mines since I live across the alley from Hank here in the suburbs of north dallas. It's comical how real the characters actually are. Hell, the next town north of mine is actually called Allen (not quite Arlen but you see the similarity) and there's a propane shop just off I-75 on the north end of town!

I'll be sad to see it go (again) but it has had a great long run.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like King of the Hill a lot. It's a good, subtle show. Probably one of the best and most realistic family sitcoms ever. I never found it boring.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't watched it for a long time, but my favorite episode is where the entire family gets addicted to cigarettes.

HANK: For God's sake, Bobby, what nationality are you?
BOBBY: American.
HANK: Then why are you holding your cigarette like some kind of European Nazi in a movie?
BOBBY: Why does it matter? I thought smoking was bad.
HANK: That's not the right sort of attitude for you to have. Whatever you do, you should do right, even if it's something wrong.

-------

BOBBY: Hey, all right! You guys smoke too?
HANK: What we do is not the point. I told you not to smoke. Do I have to take you out back with another carton of cigarettes?
BOBBY: I think you do.

-------

LUANNE: I cannot believe you're all smoking! Don't you know more people die of smoking than die of... war... in Vietnam... every day?

-------

INSTRUCTOR: How long have you been addicted to cigarettes?
BOBBY: Since my dad let me smoke a whole carton.
HANK: Now wait a minute, I didn't let him, I made him! It was a punishment!
BILL: Can I get a new buddy?

-------

BOBBY: Why does my potato have skin on it? I hate skin!
PEGGY: I will not sit here and listen to you criticize my work! What, do you think the potatoes just fly into the bowl and mash themselves?
LUANNE: I know y'all don't mean none of those harsh words. It's just the nicotine withdrawal.
HANK: Why is she still talking?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Brilliant. I watched regularly early on, but don't think I've sat through a full episode in five years.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember a joke from the first episode, when they met khan...

dale: so, are you chinese, or japanese?
khan: i'm laotian.
dale: (pause) so, is that chinese, or japanese?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
King of the Hill is an amazing show. At least the first 5 or 6 seasons I watched regularly. I'm sure that the quality may have dipped a little, as most shows often do, but I'm also certain it must have been better than American Dad. To be honest, this is probably for the best. I would hate to see the quality take a complete nosedive like The Simpsons.

Hopefully Mike Judge will also come out with a new show. Possibly a spinoff with Dale. That would be amazing.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to miss the Hank and the gang. Never liked that bald, fat guy though. He was creepy as hell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads