• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^

Those are raw in the sense they aren't distressed but not "raw" by this forum's standards. Whacked's still correct about them already being washed repeatedly so that you're really not going to get any noticeable shrinkage out of them no matter how much you throw them in hot water.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for the clarification. Both of you have been very helpful.

Both of you are right...they didn't shrink much after being soaked in hot water. I throwed them into a dryer...and they are being dried as of now. We will see. Worst case, I wear a belt
frown.gif

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Q. Just curious, are there fakes of Common Projects out there and how do you identify them?

AlexDeLarge

Reaction score
Where is a good shoe thread.

Also was what you guys do when it starts raining and your wearing some unwashed raw denim. Do you have an oh **** moment?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexDeLarge
Where is a good shoe thread.

Also was what you guys do when it starts raining and your wearing some unwashed raw denim. Do you have an oh **** moment?

No, I usually just look down and think,

"ohshitthey'rejustjeans!"

pridecake

Reaction score
Hey,

Still looking to buy a tiger fleece W+H hoodie. I e-mailed Blackbird but they were out of stock. I've also sent emails to Roden Gray and Peasant, but no response yet. Are there any other places that would sell them? I'm also combing through the SuFu marketplace and SF B/S but no luck there either.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Stick to emailing or calling roden. They've got the biggest collection of wh available. Look at the official thread and see if you've got the right contact info. If you don't hear from them by the end of the week pm me.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Can you elaborate on the differences? The box looks raggier than usual, but how should authenticity be determined from the shoe itself (without touch)?

I've never really bothered to look into it much, so I can't give you much detail. But yeah, the box is pretty damn obvious.

I'd just stick to the normal rules when trying to by things on ebay. If its from non-Japan asia, beware. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I've never really bothered to look into it much, so I can't give you much detail. But yeah, the box is pretty damn obvious.

I'd just stick to the normal rules when trying to by things on ebay. If its from non-Japan asia, beware. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

Well those particular ones you posted are the patent model, and none of the patent ones have the gold numbers on the side..
Generally, it's pretty easy to tell fakes apart by the gold numbers and spacing btwn them

Electricity

Reaction score
does anyone know where I can find Barbour or Gloverall peacoats in Toronto/online (which ships to CA)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent fitting chambray. Can a small (14 1/2 32-33) be found that fits for less than 40$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads