• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I ******* love that about SF. Its not just fashion, but style in all aspects of life.

Everyone needs a bit of fueding, and for me better here than in the real world.

While I'm logged on I might get a little "Ohhhh Noooo He didn't!!", but once I step away from the keyboard, I dont even think of SF.

K

you know, to be honest i wish it was the reverse for me.

in real life i encounter the same setbacks and frustrations as many, but hardly on a scale of such volatility...then again i do my best to avoid confrontation and am generally a pleasant fellow offline (like DDML once said...forums bring out the worst in some of us). But sometimes I wish a motherfucker on the street would start some **** with me, just so it won't be as boring...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I mostly come for the good advice. Like ziploc shitbags.

Link plz, where to kop?

K

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mostly come for the good advice. Like ziploc shitbags.

What amazes me is that people still talk about the 30s like it was the golden age of tailoring. Even if the needlework isn't quite as good, things are way better now. Could you imagine having to walk around with an oilskin shitbag sewn into your trousers? Even if your valet washed it out for you, there is no way that is better than having a disposable ziplock.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
What amazes me is that people still talk about the 30s like it was the golden age of tailoring. Even if the needlework isn't quite as good, things are way better now. Could you imagine having to walk around with an oilskin shitbag sewn into your trousers? Even if your valet washed it out for you, there is no way that is better than having a disposable ziplock.
So vintage is not the way to go here?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
once I step away from the keyboard, I dont even think of SF.
Careful.
They might take away your membership card...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
you know, to be honest i wish it was the reverse for me.

in real life i encounter the same setbacks and frustrations as many, but hardly on a scale of such volatility...then again i do my best to avoid confrontation and am generally a pleasant fellow offline (like DDML once said...forums bring out the worst in some of us). But sometimes I wish a motherfucker on the street would start some **** with me, just so it won't be as boring...

Dewd, you live in HK. Just go down to Lan Kwai Fong and call a drunken Brit a tosser and you'll end up in some ****. Hell, he'll prob be so drunk that you can just roll him down the hill.

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Careful.
They might take away your membership card...

If they knew where I hid it they wouldnt even try.

Except maybe Conne
or g33k
or Kwilk
or Go
or ...

damn...

K

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Half-assed would describe 90% of my life, but thankfully, that hasn't been the case since I started here.

Mine was an ill-worded attempt at humor. Sorry.
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At one point the second one got "juiced" and things were looking up for awhile.
The soph bashing put an early end to things if I remember correctly.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ahh we had to lock them both down, but that's not to say we didn't enjoy it while it lasted....

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
I wasn't anywhere near a clothing forum yet back then, but I have a feeling if I joined Styleforum back in around 2002 I woulda had a lot of fun. Just like how TFS was fun when I first found it in 2004, Sufu in 2005, etc. LabelKing has been around since then...man he's an old timer. and i vaguely remember hearing about Conne being involved in some drama that escalated out of SF into real life...when was this? Isn't he a freshman in college now? Man that must've been one helluva high school social life he was having...
I was also on those sites in those years. I was a member of Superfuture back when most of the present members were probably still wearing FUBU jeans. I was on The Fashion Spot back when the member Kit was still alive. I also remember the Josh business at the ModernMan forum, and also the Airline Pilot situation at the old GQ forums. Banned from a few prominent style forums, and "timed-out" here a few times too--such is internet celebrity.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Banned from a few prominent style forums, and "timed-out" here a few times too--such is internet celebrity.

And yet deep down we like you. Although the Raptor Room thing I don't get. You wish to have your way with dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics