• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lily Cole (who is a famous model, apparently) and Hermoine "Emma Watson" Granger are around here somewhere, but I have yet to see either of them.

Ate at a table next to Jimmy Falon at Keens a couple years ago.

sunshowers

Reaction score
When I was working at a department store I met Diana Krall, who was buying baby things for her newborn twins. She was really friendly and chatty until I saw her credit card and went, "Diana... omg, you're Diana K-" She immediately put her hand to her face and looked at the floor. I think she was afraid that I'd start screaming, "OH IT'S DIANA KRALL!!!" and draw everyone's attention to her or whatever. I didn't say anything else about it and I guess she appreciated that because she always looked for me whenever she came back to the store.

I hung out for a bit with a couple of the Detroit Red Wings in a hotel hot tub... Samuelsson, and some other Swedish player. I didn't recognize them, I just noticed they had really ripped bodies.
inlove.gif
But my boyfriend knew who they were. He's Norwegian so he started chatting with them about hockey (Swedish and Norwegian are mutually intelligible) while I ogled their six-packs. That was fun!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
past run ins:

Elisha Cuthbert at Barneys. while my wife was checking out, Elisha was cashing out right next to her. didnt say anything other than stare like a psycho

Bruce Springsteen at Barneys, were looking at the same rack (of clothes)

Jessica Biel at Anthropology....I was sitting on a couch and she was browsing the rack right in front of me so I browsed her rack

Christopher Walken in an elevator...by the time i realized who it was (face mostly covered in a big hat) he was 5 steps away and I didnt want to make a jackass out of myself, tho I should have for Walken

Zach de la Rocha (singer of Rage Against the Machine, I dunno if he qualifies as a celebrity)....knew that fool when he was in h.s. and in hardcore bands.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
past run ins:

Elisha Cuthbert at Barneys. while my wife was checking out, Elisha was cashing out right next to her. didnt say anything other than stare like a psycho

Jessica Biel at Anthropology....I was sitting on a couch and she was browsing the rack right in front of me so I browsed her rack

worship.gif
worship.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I would have gone home and immediately jacked it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ isnt that what store restrooms are for?

but both gals look STUNNING in real life. no disappointment

Patrician

Reaction score
I had a quick chat with the king of Sweden once.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the b list.

I was once jostled by a fellow sauntering past (a very pickled) me in a Toronto pool hall. Turned out to be Lou Diamond Philips. My (even more pickled) friend offered "Let's swarm him!".

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thom Browne at the gym yesterday. The guy is in pretty good shape

Well I saw James Cromwell at my gym yesterday, and he's amazingly fit for an old dude, and tall. I bet he could kick Thom's ass.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Well I saw James Cromwell at my gym yesterday, and he's amazingly fit for an old dude, and tall. I bet he could kick Thom's ass.

He knows Black Panthers! Never Mess with James Cromwell!

Reaction score
The WAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!! guys work out at the gym closest to my house.
I never encounter them, having never set foot in a gym, but my associates frequently relate their latest interactions with them.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
The WAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!! guys work out at the gym closest to my house.
I never encounter them, having never set foot in a gym, but my associates frequently relate their latest interactions with them.

Let me guess---- they scream WASSSSSUUUUPPPP!!!!! with their tongues out at the guys, who try to act like they have no idea what your friends are talking about?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thom Browne at the gym yesterday.

+1

Also, I was walking about of The National Chorale and noticed a tall lady in a Prada coat. Turned out it was Sigourney Weaver.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Let me guess---- they scream WASSSSSUUUUPPPP!!!!! with their tongues out at the guys, who try to act like they have no idea what your friends are talking about?
An occupational hazard.
confused.gif

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed McMahon, Dan Rather, and Bill Moyers. In that order, all in one day last week in the lobby of my office building.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dunno if I posted this a dozen or so pages ago but I was eating at Charlier Palmer's Steak with co-workers and spotted Dan Rather having lunch with another dude. They had a camera team with them so I figured he was interviewing for his new show. This was about 18 months ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads