• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve McQueen's Haircut

Rufus

Reaction score
Hi, I've been a lurker here for awhile (years) and really enjoy and respect all the knowledge to be soaked up on the forum. The reason i am posting is that I had a pretty funny style "disaster" this weekend and because of it I am looking to mix things up a bit. The disaster was that i was out with a bunch of people when someone told me I look like "that guy from Ocean's 11...you know...the guy who does the computer programming!". And other's agreed! I dress pretty well and not conservatively at all so I have decided that to remedy this "looking like the Ocean's 11 tech-guy situation" I am going to get a new haircut. Right now I have a pretty conservative cut mostly because i work in a semi-corporate enviornment. What do you guys think of McQueen's haircut below? To me it seems like a good one to strive for because it is interesting and stylish but also fairly conservative especially if combed a certain way. Seems to go "day to night" pretty well. Do you guys know anybody more modern who goes for this type of look nowadays? Thx. First post so I hope I didnt mess up uploading the image...

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think it is going to look out of place in 2008.

You need something more conservative than that, if you want to look relevant and non-tech guy.

Go to an actual barber, with a red and blue pole, and you should come out shaved and with a little less hair (like a gentleman) for 15-30 bucks depending on where you live and how well you tip.

robbie

everybodynobody

Reaction score
I don't know, when I think of longish hair + a conservative look, that Tucker guy from MSNBC comes to mind.
bigstar[1].gif

What I do is ask the stylist/barber to trim my hair short in the back, but use scissors instead of the clippers. That way it won't look too short like a crewcut, but it will be more conservative looking than that McQueen photo.

Kris

Reaction score
If your hair is curly or wavy, you will run the risk of coming out with a curl mullet. Make sure that **** is shorter in the back and on the sides than it is on the top, or- mark my words- you will reap what you so. If you do get a curl mullet, please gel it for the 80's hair salon sample book wet look, and post some pics.

Steve McQueen is a bad motherfather.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your hair isn't already curly, you will need a perm. Which a man should never do

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads