• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
Your newest is quite pretty, but I miss your old avie as it is pure sexy
worship.gif

Fret not, Lady, for Judo Fraeulein will return when the time is right.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Not all at ONCE!!! Pretty much, SF is the only one I play at now, though every once in a while I head over to Basenotes or StyleZeitgeist, when I have time. I mean twenty altogether since the beginning, where you start at one and then you find others from that one, then when that forum dies or gets boring, you move on. So, there's BN, SZ, SF, AAAC, TFS, six or seven different brand-specific forums over the years, some watch forums... I doubt 20 is too far off..

Yeah, I've rolled through a number of them in the past few years. Maybe 10 or so where I've contributed, more where I've lurked. Most have lost my interest through over-moderation, stagnation, or - in one case the 'face' of the forum turned it into his soapbox and started indirectly flinging poo at 'rival' forums. I found it comical for about five seconds, then signed off for good. And - no - it's not a clothing-related forum.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I found it comical for about five seconds, then signed off for good. And - no - it's not a clothing-related forum.
So, you used to be a member of the Longaberger Basket Aficionados Forum, too????
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Wasssssup Mr. Sensitive. Me think he doth protest too much. No-one's trying to judge you (well yes we are all judging you). K
I'm not sensitive I'm NOTNOTNOT stop telling me I'm sensitive I'm perfectly fine. FINE, I tell you. Fine!!!
wink.gif
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Rach2jlc, However, there seems to be a slight shift in that lately. I just don't want it going too far. b
Yeah, b, Dumb Threads has tended to push the envelope in a number of directions...
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
in one case the 'face' of the forum turned it into his soapbox and started indirectly flinging poo at 'rival' forums. I found it comical for about five seconds, then signed off for good.

You're a member at FNB?

I just had a cigar forum I was a part of get sold to new guys and they proposed some changes. It was the first time I've ever had to deal with all that weird ass internet drama and finding a new forum. I hope that never happens w/ SF.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sensitive I'm NOTNOTNOT stop telling me I'm sensitive I'm perfectly fine. FINE, I tell you.

Fine!!!
wink.gif

Riiiight.....we believe you, millions wouldn't but we do
wink.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Funniest forums in history were the short-lived ones (there have been MANY) that were invitation-only, "private" LV and Hermes brand forums. Basically, they were filled with old rich harpies, TEH GHEYZ, and college girls willing to do more than was wholesome for an LV or Hermes bag.

They only tended to last about six months to a year, because the rich harpies would quickly start to backstab each other and destroy everything. Shortly after posting pics of their $35K handbags, they'd go out of their ways to try and harm (in any way they could) the members they didn't like. They'd then get banned/quit one forum (with a GREAT "GOODBYE, CRUEL BOARD!!!" post), then start another and her friends would abandon ship.

TEH GHEYZ were always very friendly, of course... we just like to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fireworks. The college girls tried to be like the rich old harpies... and hilarity ensued.

Nevertheless, it was there that I managed to pick up some of my best manbags and accessories, while also making some decent cash on the side while proxying stuff from Japan, where LV and Hermes flow like water...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So, you used to be a member of the Longaberger Basket Aficionados Forum, too????

lol8[1].gif

(...)
Yeah, b, Dumb Threads has tended to push the envelope in a number of directions...
smile.gif

Damn. Found me out. So - that's two of us...who are the other three members???

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You're a member at FNB?

I just had a cigar forum I was a part of get sold to new guys and they proposed some changes. It was the first time I've ever had to deal with all that weird ass internet drama and finding a new forum. I hope that never happens w/ SF.

Actually, no. I've lurked once or twice but never felt compelled to jump in. I have jumped in on the shaving forums (to the detriment of my pocketbook). God, for men they have a ton of drama. Actually the perfume forums also get their hackles up from time to time, but they're a bit better-mannered than the razor-toting crowd.

Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
Riiiight.....we believe you, millions wouldn't but we do
wink.gif

Yes, we do.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn. Found me out. So - that's two of us...who are the other three members???

I think Labelking HAS to be one of them...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dewd, can someone do something about the Jinda. These pics are leaning either to the underage or back to the teaser page of softcore Appreciation.

K

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Dewd, can someone do something about the Jinda. These pics are leaning either to the underage or back to the teaser page of softcore Appreciation.

K

+1. When the ladies are hot, I don't care if they're underage. But when he starts posting the ugly chicks, I get all offended and whatnot.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mr. Dawson: Try getting the AdBlock Plus Firefox extension. You can then right click on offending images and block them.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

K

not again.....
frown.gif
one of these days we are just gonna flip and say 'no more <women> appreciation threads'. Not worth the crap of modding them.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
not again.....
frown.gif

one of these days we are just gonna flip and say 'no more <women> appreciation threads'. Not worth the crap of modding them.

Wouldn't it be much more cost effective to just say "no more jinda"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads