• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Who cooks?

At this point, I don't trust any of my fellow classmates or people who started after I did to touch anything I will eat. Some of the stuff I see in class would blow your mind.

Have faith in the robust nature of the human enteric system.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Students. It's quite good. I haven't gotten sick yet.

Nice. In my butchering class, our meal was normally cooked by our chef instructor. He was the Executive Sous Chef at the Peninsula Hotel Chicago for 9 years. I wished that class was a year long class.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Have faith in the robust nature of the human enteric system.

I try, but furrlz. Some of this stuff is just
crazy.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I would be a fantabulous chef.

What would your restaurant do? Give customers a place to sit while you ordered from the place down the street?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had banh mi from NYC Chinatown tonight. Most delicious banh mi I've had in a while. (not my pic)
800px-B%C3%A1nh_m%C3%AC.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What would your restaurant do? Give customers a place to sit while you ordered from the place down the street?
laugh.gif
You got it!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I love some breakfast for dinner. Tonight is eggs benedict, some fresh cantaloupe, and a few pieces of bacon.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a great oxtail stew and yellow rice from a local Dominican/Cuban place. It was fantastic! But if I keep eating here, I'll be the size of Kyle in no time.
tounge.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Got a great oxtail stew and yellow rice from a local Dominican/Cuban place. It was fantastic! But if I keep eating here, I'll be the size of Kyle in no time.

tounge.gif

If it's from good food, it's worth it.
inlove.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's from good food, it's worth it.
inlove.gif

That's what Mario Batali keeps telling himself.
smile.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was lazy last night so made some Spaghetti and pesto sauce. Ate the leftovers tonight.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Tried a new place last night. My wife had seared divers scallops and I had a very nice foie gras presentation. We then shared a nice cheese plate, with four great cheeses. All imported, a Manchego, aged Beemster Gouda, a blue, and a very rich triple creme. For our entree we decided to have a wonderful rib eye for two, with a potato gratin and spinach as sides.

No room for desert!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My roommate made wings with his special sauce. I've been craving mussels, so I bought a few pounds and had them with crusty bread. It didn't seem like we ate alot, but we're all stuffed to the gills for some reasons.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is actually evidence of my brain finally going "off". I had tried natto years ago and decided that it was something akin to Satan's STD-produced genital discharge but for some unexplained reason I decided to try it again. Instead of doing the breakfast thing (natto on rice with the sauce and mustard sachets' contents - imagine superglue with browned soy beans and nasal snot), I decided to try something different.
So, natto on a fried egg with a bit of organic soy sauce, salt, pepper mix (shichimi togarashi I think) and pickled ginger. Call me weird (if you have not already, of course) but it was pretty decent, and better than what I did last night, natto & kimchi with some sesame seeds. I guess that amounts to spoiled pickled cabbage with spoiled fermented soy beans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads