• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Nordstrom Rack Sale?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the Nordstrom Rack in Ontario, CA yesterday and there was a sign that stated Nov. 6th ( I believe.....) that they were having an Allen Edmonds event of some sort where they were $60-$90. Anyone know anything about this?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought an AE Jackson at NR in Westbury for $80 today. Apparently they are seconds but I'm not sure how. They had lots of other AEs too for $70-$80. Some were obvious seconds but most were nice. The ones that stuck out the most was a chili Westgate in sz 7.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I bought an AE Jackson at NR in Westbury for $80 today. Apparently they are seconds but I'm not sure how. They had lots of other AEs too for $70-$80. Some were obvious seconds but most were nice. The ones that stuck out the most was a chili Westgate in sz 7.

Seconds? Like returned shoes? I see them at NR in my area regularly.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconds and returns are two different things. Seconds are new, unworn shoes with small (very often imperceptible) flaws that render them incapable of meeting A-E's stringent quality control standards. I bought a lot of A-E seconds between 2004 and 2007. In most cases, what made the shoe a second was imperceptible or at worst inconsequential. I have a vague, gut sense that since John Stollenwerk sold the company, the imperfections on A-E seconds have become more conspicuous, but this may be unfair of me.

pitboss12

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate Ontario Mills but I'll probably go for a look.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
Ugh. I hate Ontario Mills but I'll probably go for a look.

Yeah, you might want to call first. I'm not sure if it was a multi-store type of thing or there only and I wasn't 100% on the dates.

why4009

Reaction score
I went today to the Nordstrom Rack in LA (sort of near LAX). I was there when the doors opened and was able to pick up the only pair of brandy Dryden 9.5D for 79.95. There are a couple of blemishes. There something funny around the toe box, I'll post pics when I can. Maybe it will be a fatal flaw and I'll return them depending on what the judges say. But I am pretty happy at that price, also got a matching belt. So for 110 bucks I able to finally get something other than black in my rotation. Did much better than the shoes I tried to make in HK. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...24#post1441024

Anyway, in the LA store they did have Park Aves in 9.5 and 10 but they are narrow (B and both in black), I was soooo bummed. I really wanted to pick up a pair of cap toes in black. They also had a 9.5 B Byron (black), 9B colton (brown), 8E Holt and lots of shoes in the smaller sizes. I would call before going down there. I was under the impression there would be tons to pick from (I called yesterday).

So if you have narrow feet you could be in luck. Also they had a good selection of smaller sizes - 7 park ave, 7 forgot the name - it was super sleek brandy colored oxford. Both of these are in the area you go to to get the matching shoe (I think it was called shoe mate) on the wall)

Thanks for the info on the sale.

Why4009

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
For you Chicago guys, I got a flyer from the Oak Brook Nordstrom Rack that they're doing the same thing.

It's right down the street from Oak Brook Mall.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why4009
I went today to the Nordstrom Rack in LA (sort of near LAX). I was there when the doors opened and was able to pick up the only pair of brandy Dryden 9.5D for 79.95. There are a couple of blemishes. There something funny around the toe box, I'll post pics when I can. Maybe it will be a fatal flaw and I'll return them depending on what the judges say. But I am pretty happy at that price, also got a matching belt. So for 110 bucks I able to finally get something other than black in my rotation. Did much better than the shoes I tried to make in HK. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...24#post1441024

Anyway, in the LA store they did have Park Aves in 9.5 and 10 but they are narrow (B and both in black), I was soooo bummed. I really wanted to pick up a pair of cap toes in black. They also had a 9.5 B Byron (black), 9B colton (brown), 8E Holt and lots of shoes in the smaller sizes. I would call before going down there. I was under the impression there would be tons to pick from (I called yesterday).

So if you have narrow feet you could be in luck. Also they had a good selection of smaller sizes - 7 park ave, 7 forgot the name - it was super sleek brandy colored oxford. Both of these are in the area you go to to get the matching shoe (I think it was called shoe mate) on the wall)

Thanks for the info on the sale.

Why4009

For what it's worth, that Rack at the Howard Hughes center sucks. Maybe you should call the one in South Coast. That one is generally much, much better.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So is this sale nation wide?

YD8NAK

Reaction score
Score! Picked up a pair of AE Mora double monk straps for $75. Thanks
laugh.gif

mdg137

Reaction score
The rack in Troy, Michigan had nearly nothing at all-- about 10 pairs, nothing of interest at all.

An utter waste of time, Im glad I had to pass by, rather than making a specific trip there...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads