• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hudson family murders - question

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen and read a lot of the news coverage on this incident and no one has asked or answered, what I think, is the most obvious question: Why does the family of a millionaire pop-icon live on the violent south side of Chicago? She credits her mother in public all the time and they are obviously close. Why did she not move her to a better place to live? Being that this was a domestic situation the location really has little bearing on the outcome, but it doesn't explain why she lived in that part of time.

Has this honestly never come across the minds of anyone reporting on this story??

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I've seen and read a lot of the news coverage on this incident and no one has asked or answered, what I think, is the most obvious question: Why does the family of a millionaire pop-icon live on the violent south side of Chicago? She credits her mother in public all the time and they are obviously close. Why did she not move her to a better place to live? Being that this was a domestic situation the location really has little bearing on the outcome, but it doesn't explain why she lived in that part of time. Has this honestly never come across the minds of anyone reporting on this story??
Uhhh, it was in like the third paragraph of every story I read about this. Her mother did not want to leave her church community.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Uhhh, it was in like the third paragraph of every story I read about this. Her mother did not want to leave her church community.
Weird. It was in nothing I saw on TV or read on the net. I figured something like that had to be the reason.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did she not move her to a better place to live?
The person in custody is apparently her sister's ex-husband who just got out of jail for attempted murder. He probably would have went after them wherever they lived, so you can't really attribute that to living in the neighborhood because it wasn't a random thing.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
The person in custody is apparently her sister's ex-husband who just got out of jail for attempted murder. He probably would have went after them wherever they lived, so you can't really attribute that to living in the neighborhood because it wasn't a random thing.
Very true, it wouldn't have mattered if she lived in Hyde Park or Southside Chicago, the culprit obviously had a motive.

....in addition, you have some people who are very proud of their communities, regardless of social/economic stature.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope the 7 year old boy is found alive, and soon. I fear the worst. This is a tragic event on so many levels. Sad.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow

Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Very true, it wouldn't have mattered if she lived in Hyde Park or Southside Chicago, the culprit obviously had a motive.

Read carefully my friends. LOL.

Being that this was a domestic situation the location really has little bearing on the outcome, but it doesn't explain why she lived in that part of town.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, maybe she just loved that part of town, it's really not that uncommon for people who grew up in a community to stay planted.

It was sickening to hear that the culprit also killed the 7 year old boy...truly disturbing.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Where is the Obama campaign's apology for this outrage?? I demand to know why Barack Obama would allow his brothas and sistas to live in the squalour of South Side Chicago!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics