• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sterlingwear: shoulder measurements

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since they aren't listed on their website: can anyone post the shoulder-to-shoulder (seam to seam) measurements of the Sterlingwear authentic in size 36, 38 and 40? And possibly pit-to-pit as well?
I found a B&S thread in which I found the shoulder-to-shoulder measurements of size 34 which is 17", but nothing more.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 36 measures 20 inches pit-pit and 18 inches across the shoulders from behind:

image000zo3.jpg

StylingUK

Reaction score
I was looking at their site too and saw that it takes 2-4 weeks for delivery. And if the item is out of stock, it'll be 4-8 weeks...

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, 18" prob is a little small for me - my TaT suit jacket already measures as much, if I want to wear it underneath I'd probably have to go to size 40, wouldn't I?
Does anyone have the measurements of a 40?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get an overcoat if you want something to wear over a suit.

I wanted mine to fit slim, & i only ever wear a button up + a light sweater underneath; so i sized down one. Fits perfectly. Highly doubt i could fit a coat underneath it.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... so you normally wear a 40 in suits? Then, I'd have to think about buying the 38. Also, which colour do you have? Looks like black in the pic but also could be navy.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 38 in suits, and my peacoat is a size 36 (have corrected original post). The colour is oxford grey (really a dark charcoal).

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? The "Oxford Grey" they list on their website looks like a very pale grey.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Really? The "Oxford Grey" they list on their website looks like a very pale grey.

-1. Believe the people who own them. Look in the other Sterlingwear thread that's been making the rounds lately and find SJTrance's picture. That is an oxford grey coat.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean this one:
_MG_2431.jpg
?
(I hope SJTrance doesn't mind)
In fact I also had this pic in mind; looks like a med to light grey to me. But if you say that it's a dark as it appears in Homme's picture it probably is the light.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Hmm, 18" prob is a little small for me - my TaT suit jacket already measures as much, if I want to wear it underneath I'd probably have to go to size 40, wouldn't I?
Does anyone have the measurements of a 40?

measure your suits point to point. you would need at least 1/2" more at the ends of each shoulder. thats a minimum of 1"more total point to point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads