• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest Lamborghini Police Car

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
" Yahoo! News - U.K. and Ireland
Friday, October 24, 2008

Italian police get crime-fighting Lamborghini

Italian police will work in style after famous auto brand Lamborghini donated one of its cars, specially equipped with potentially life-saving features, a company spokeswoman said Friday. "This car replaces a former model which used to operate in the Rome area and will now be used in the Bologna region" in the north, the Lamborghini spokeswoman said.

The police force's updated and custom-made Gallardo supercar boasts a 560-horsepower engine and a top speed of 325 kilometers (200 miles) per hour. A Gallardo base model sells for $175,200 euros (220,000 dollars).
The police force's model is equipped with a mini fridge to transport donors' organs and a defibrillator for use in emergencies."

LamborghiniGallardo-Polizia2008.jpg

___

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or are the Italians carmakers a bunch of cheapskates? One car, for the whole of Italy? Seriously?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a crap piece.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lambo has always been a hooligan's car
I just can't understand how they justify dipping into Audi parts bin for those interiors.
With a car selling for over 200 large

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Yesterday, I saw a Lambo that epitomized the brand for me. It was electric blue with chrome decal racing stripe type thingies, black wheels, black rocker panel attachments with the words "Lamborghini Owners' Meeting"
eh.gif
and -- the best part -- strobe lights flashing from every recess and air intake. It was stuck in traffic and burbling away at idle, so I got to gawk for a good long time. Behind the wheel was a tiny Japanese girl with dyed hair, perhaps not unattractive by some standards, if you prefer cutesy in a vaguely trashy way.

Unfortunately, my little digital camera that I usually use for this sort of thing has given up the ghost and I only had b&w in my film camera, which would not have done the spectacle justice.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a 1980s Lamborghini Countach drive past me the other day, in white with white leather interior.

It, too, was driven by a dimunitive lady with short, blonde hair, and it had the numberplates "MYTOY".

Not as attractive as a Gallardo, but still cool in a 1980s "dream car" way.

Unfortunately, the police here only drive around in hotted-up family sedans.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I saw a 1980s Lamborghini Countach drive past me the other day, in white with white leather interior.

It, too, was driven by a dimunitive lady with short, blonde hair, and it had the numberplates "MYTOY".

Not as attractive as a Gallardo, but still cool in a 1980s "dream car" way.

The Countach was definitely one of my dream cars when I was younger. Haven't thought about it in years.

I once pulled up at a stoplight next to an honest-to-God Jaguar XJ220, the supercar with a total production run of only 281 and once the fastest production car in the world. Don't ask me why, but it's always been my ultimate dream car. I have no idea who was behind the wheel, but he must have been somebody.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously...has anyone actually watched the traffic in Rome? Who expects this car to even top 50 kph while in the city? Even the Carabinieri take the public transport when they're in a hurry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads