• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MM9 is needlessly hard, even by 8-bit standards. It's easily the hardest MM game to date.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
MM9 is needlessly hard, even by 8-bit standards. It's easily the hardest MM game to date.

Yeah, some of the boss stages are tough as hell. I got frustrated watching my brother play them.

Anyway, LittleBigPlanet delayed six days for some sacreligious references. Still waiting for a full-length game on the PS3 that provides tons of replayability and unique gameplay. Don't know if LBP is that game.

Until then, WipeOut HD and a replay of Shadow of the Colossus are keeping me warm. Oh, and Team Fortress 2.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
WoW patch this week. 3.x Have not checked out new content or talents and spells yet. Was pissed off they did another talent wipe and now I need to go remember what my build was.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Man... I hope they don't piss all over it like last time. I was just thinking yesterday how I'd like to go hang out in the Paris subway level of DX1. That's one of the few games I actually have thoughts like that about. (Canal Zone from Q1TF, and some of the areas from The Getaway being other "places" I think about the same way) Weird I know, but it shows how immersive a good game can be, especially if you spend way too much time playing it.
Word. The Hong Kong level is undoubtedly one of the best and most immersing experiences in gaming, I still think about it. You're just walking around, but that makes it. The game was ******* long too, but the story arc was so immersive and interesting you didn't want it to end.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Mother 3 translation officially came out about an hour ago. I'm downloading the rom as we speak. It will take up most of my weekend. Also, i think i'm going to go buy Mega Man 9 later as i heard it's really really good. Mega Man 2 good/difficult.
Playing Mother 3 on my PSP now. Thanks for the updates. Having a blast thus far. Psyched for Fable II! Was more psyched for LittleBIGPlanet, but luckily the recall only delayed it by a week.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd Morsel
Gah! Just like my girlfriend and Resident Evil 4!
wink.gif

Hope you're enjoying the game, at any rate. Bioshock is easily one of my favorites on the 360. Rumor is that the PS3 version will get a preview trailer for the sequel. I'm looking forward to it.

It's already out

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It's already out

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

God bless, youtube.

Was hoping for more, definitely, but this still has me hyped. The first game had me so hooked, I'd sneak away to the house on my lunch to get some playtime in. The same with Mass Effect. That's how a game gets my stamp.

This month's been expensive. I finished Fable (11 hours... never died. Much too easy.), so I'm onto the sequel now. I don't plan on rushing through this one, but I hope to see the online implemented soon. Still can't wait for LittleBIGPlanet! I hope to finish both games before diving head-first into Fallout 3.

humza

Reaction score
I can't wait to pick up Fallout 3...I'm still a little skeptical about LittleBigPlanet..

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any comments about GTA4? Dell has it new for $35, that's a bargain if I've seen one.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It's like all the other 3d GTAs. If you liked them you'll probably like this. Despite what other people say, there really isn't anything new about the game compared to the others. Same engine, different location/story.

chrono, I've heard the "story is engaging and deep" and all that stuff. The last GTA I played was...Vice City. Has the gameplay changed much?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't really like GTA4. i did at first. i was blown away for the first few hours. it's pretty realistic and whatnot and, actually, a little too realistic. what's the point of watching TV in a video game or having to take girls on dates to get virtual ***** you don't even get to watch?

i found it to get very repetitive very quickly and quit playing after a while. most of the missions are the same and the cut scenes got boring after a while.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, in making it more realistic than the others they have cut away a lot of the crazy missions, which were always the most fun. Now it's just 'go here, kill this/these guy(s)' 500 times in a row. Even the Grand Theft Auto mission is lame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads