• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have now decided to choose one of these leather jackets please give your opinion

skrandhawa

Reaction score
I need a new jeather jacket immediately something sexy that will make heads turn. I'm choosing one out these two but i can't make up my mind whether it should be the Dior or Dolce and Gabbana. Please give your honest opinion.

The Dior jacket -
http://www.styledrops.com/handbags-31625.html
http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...79&rangeid=483

Dolce and Gabbana -
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...63500cat255915

Personally I'm leaning towards Dior. Coupled with these lace up brogues and a pair of top-tier Jeans I think I would appear fabulous.

http://www.styledrops.com/handbags-28240.html
http://diabro.net/product_info.php/c...ducts_id/14239

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
The Dior is a little less busy, and I usually tend to prefer that, but I think that here I actually like the D&G better. It could just be the pictures, but the Dior's leather looks really shiny. I've never been a fan of that. I also like the way the D&G jacket is a little trimmer through the body, but I'm really skinny so I have a vendetta against billowy fabric.

In the end, either jacket looks great.

Edit: I just checked the jeans and shoes. I really like the look you're going for (though the shoes themselves are a bit pointy for my taste).

RyanM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
It could just be the pictures, but the Dior's leather looks really shiny.

yeah, really. it looks like "cheaper" leather than it should for dior, although it's probably just the pics.
Still, I like the style of the dior better than the other.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I don't see a location with the opening post, but is there anyway you could try these jackets on in person before buying? It's possible that one will just fit you a lot better than the other, and that would make a bigger difference than anything in how it looks.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't see a location with the opening post, but is there anyway you could try these jackets on in person before buying? It's possible that one will just fit you a lot better than the other, and that would make a bigger difference than anything in how it looks.

This isn't the first time this OP has asked about eurobrand leather jackets, and each time we've told him the same things.

As such, it seems to me all he's really wanting is 1) to spend as much as possible on a leather jacket with a Euro label in it and 2) to have SF members simply give him the go ahead to do it.

So, I don't think he really is listening to anything except for "DIOR" "PRADA" or "DOLCE & GABBANA."

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$3000 for a leather jacket? Holy smackers, Batman... that's way out of my league. SF is one of the most inspring and at the same time most depressing forums that I have encountered..... some of you guys must be loaded or without a care in the world to be able to have this kind of disposable income.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
$3000 for a leather jacket? Holy smackers, Batman... that's way out of my league. SF is one of the most inspring and at the same time most depressing forums that I have encountered..... some of you guys must be loaded or without a care in the world to be able to have this kind of disposable income.
There's a lot of posing/posturing, most especially when it comes to items like this. Of those who CAN afford it (and there are SEVERAL around these parts), very few of them are going to go out and spend it on a major Eurobrand at full retail from an online retailer. Most have more sense than that.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
This isn't the first time this OP has asked about eurobrand leather jackets, and each time we've told him the same things.

As such, it seems to me all he's really wanting is 1) to spend as much as possible on a leather jacket with a Euro label in it and 2) to have SF members simply give him the go ahead to do it.

So, I don't think he really is listening to anything except for "DIOR" "PRADA" or "DOLCE & GABBANA."

+1. I suggest he ask Professor Fabulous!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
None of those, Dior sucks now that Heidi left. Go on Luisaviaroma and look at jackets from:

Rick Owens
Lanvin (they bought a good one)
Givenchy

skrandhawa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
None of those, Dior sucks now that Heidi left. Go on Luisaviaroma and look at jackets from:

Rick Owens
Lanvin (they bought a good one)
Givenchy

Sorry, those brands can't really match Dior from my perspective.

Who needs Heidi?

Originally Posted by remy185
yeah, really. it looks like "cheaper" leather than it should for dior, although it's probably just the pics.
Still, I like the style of the dior better than the other.

I doubt it's cheaper leather as Dior always had exceptional quality. They don't specify what type of leather it is which they should.

Yes definitely i'm going to try them on in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads