• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

style related aspirations

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
No one is after the same fit. Everyone aspires to different things for different reasons.

Are you trying to establish a look that once reached will remain your look indefinitely, or do you see yourself adapting your look in and out of the years to come?

I look to my uncles and my grandfathers who appear to have developed somewhat of a uniform for themselves. You look at pictures, and regardless they appear to be wearing what they wore 20 years earlier perfectly. My grandfather in particular, he was a barber and developed a look that suits him perfectly. He replaces worn out pieces with new unused versions, and this is the extent of his clothes shopping ever.

I'd like to someday have an established look, I feel it might be something that comes with time as I have yet to find mine.

anyhow, you?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I am looking for a consistent look that I can update with only minor revisions. I don't want my life to be consumed by style; I'm in the learning stage right now so spending a lot of time (compared to my peers) on this.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thankfully I won't have to worry about looking back and thinking I was a fashion victim.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think I've finally got my personal style down. That said, I don't want to be associated with a specific look - ie: that's the guy who always wears the red hat, I'd rather all of my clothes fit into a certain image.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Yep, I am looking for a consistent look that I can update with only minor revisions. I don't want my life to be consumed by style; I'm in the learning stage right now so spending a lot of time (compared to my peers) on this.

Sounds like a good plan
teacha.gif

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to find interesting pieces while having classic pieces to fall back on or to support the more eccentric things I find.

I don't really want to establish a look for myself, but I also do my best to stay away from overly fashion oriented clothing.

In the end, it's just a fun hobby.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to necessarily establish a look for myself, but I do hope to one day have a wardrobe a few high quality pieces that I wear all the time. Right now, I'm not really that adventurous with what I wear and I don't see that ever changing.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My style-related aspiration is to find an outfit that will make all teh wimminz go in lubborz with me.

I'm over thirty, so I'm expecting my age to catch up with me any day now, even if my advancing age doesn't match my lowly station in life. I don't really have any set aesthetic now, so hopefully I'll be able to cycle in more "grown up" pieces (button-ups, blazers, etc.) into my own mix-and-match aesthetic.

BTW, can someone give Eason a time-out? It pains me when an apparently articulate, intelligent person reverts to e-bully form.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
My style-related aspiration is to find an outfit that will make all teh wimminz go in lubborz with me. I'm over thirty, so I'm expecting my age to catch up with me any day now, even if my advancing age doesn't match my lowly station in life. I don't really have any set aesthetic now, so hopefully I'll be able to cycle in more "grown up" pieces (button-ups, blazers, etc.) into my own mix-and-match aesthetic. BTW, can someone give Eason a time-out? It pains me when an apparently articulate, intelligent person reverts to e-bully form.
You're 30+? You dress comes off as some that's 17 to earliest of 20s.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
You're 30+? You dress comes off as some that's 17 to earliest of 20s.

Like I said: lowly station in life. If I can pass myself off as 21, all the better.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
My style-related aspiration is to find an outfit that will make all teh wimminz go in lubborz with me. I'm over thirty, so I'm expecting my age to catch up with me any day now, even if my advancing age doesn't match my lowly station in life. I don't really have any set aesthetic now, so hopefully I'll be able to cycle in more "grown up" pieces (button-ups, blazers, etc.) into my own mix-and-match aesthetic. BTW, can someone give Eason a time-out? It pains me when an apparently articulate, intelligent person reverts to e-bully form.
WTF? I'm not the one who randomly put a picture of another poster in their avatar without apparent reason. Creepy as hell so I returned the favor.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Thankfully I won't have to worry about looking back and thinking I was a fashion victim.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads