• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entourage

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Decent episode, I liked it a lot. Drama still pissed me off, so did E for being such a spinner.

I about spit out my drink when that Amazon told E she needed a spinner.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The previews made it too obvious that Ari is gonna take the job, which means he probably won't. Unless they're really trying to **** with your head, and they know that everyone will think he will turn it down, but he's really going to take it.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely the best Entourage episode in a while. Hot models + better jokes = win. The whole idea of Ari being offered a job to head up a studio that size from his current position seems a little dubious, as does his emotion over leaving Vince as a client, considering he'd be in a much better position to further Vince's career if he were to take the job. But hot models + better jokes means I don't care.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
I really hope the writers don't force ari to stay as an agent because he feels guilty for vince or somthing. The character would jump all over this opportunity.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Ari says it himself though, he cares about Vince which is why he's having such a hard time deciding to take the offer. But I agree that he should and probably will take the job.

He damn better take the job.. The whole "i don't know about taking the job I care too much about vinny" thing is absolutely marsupialed. Who cares about the loser actor, take the job ari!!!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
The whole idea of Ari being offered a job to head up a studio that size from his current position seems a little dubious.

In the series, he's part owner of a large agency. The show has depicted Miller/Gold as a new major agency.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
In the series, he's part owner of a large agency. The show has depicted Miller/Gold as a new major agency.

Yeah but, co-owner in an talent-representation agency to head of what appears to be the biggest if not one of the biggest in the world? He has no experience on the production side at all. It's not so much the prominence leap as the difference in skill set that I'm skeptical about. Maybe this sort of thing happens in the business all of the time but I found it unbelievable, then again, Entourage has set very few rules about what is or isn't possible in it's universe.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
It's not completely unthinkable that an agent could become the head of a studio. Look at Michael Ovitz who went directly from CAA to Disney. Sure it didn't work, but it would be a good story line for Entourage.

I agree with those who will be upset if Ari turns this down because he wants to stay as Vince's agent. I'd like to see Ari become a studio head and E take over as Vince's agent. Then you can get back to the Ari-E conflicts about what roles Vince can get.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The show will immediately become 10x as interesting if Ari takes the job. It would give the show a better opportunity to concentrate on its best character.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
It's not completely unthinkable that an agent could become the head of a studio. Look at Michael Ovitz who went directly from CAA to Disney. Sure it didn't work, but it would be a good story line for Entourage.

I was about to write the same thing. Ovitz was one of the founders of Creative Artists Agency (he helped Letterman make the move from NBC to CBS) and left that to run Disney. One of his partners at CAA left to run MCA, which is now Universal Studios.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but, co-owner in an talent-representation agency to head of what appears to be the biggest if not one of the biggest in the world? He has no experience on the production side at all. It's not so much the prominence leap as the difference in skill set that I'm skeptical about. Maybe this sort of thing happens in the business all of the time but I found it unbelievable, then again, Entourage has set very few rules about what is or isn't possible in it's universe.

If you think that agents don't take over Holly Studios or Corporations , then you lived under the rock for the past 30 years.

P.S. One should bear in mind that 90% of jobs are sales-jobs with fancy titles.

P. P.S. Drama is walking ahead of the pack in most scenes while Vinny the Poop dragging last. Vinny ,after numerous seasons, still cannot pass a believable shadow of emotion through his feline/marsupial face. That means to me that this is his last season. He is a toast. I would have fired him a few years back . He lacks personality to such an extend that it makes him uninteresting even as a failure.

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
I was about to write the same thing. Ovitz was one of the founders of Creative Artists Agency (he helped Letterman make the move from NBC to CBS) and left that to run Disney. One of his partners at CAA left to run MCA, which is now Universal Studios.

Ron Meyer. Perhaps one of the more famous examples is a predecessor of Meyer, Lew Wasserman. I would think it's every agent's wet dream to go from the sell side to the buy side.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Don't forget, he's already gotten the call from the woman that used to be #2 at that studio, saying she wants to come work for him. If you have a strong #2, with prior inside experience, you could get the time to become technically proficient in the areas you lack, while exerting leadership per se.

But agreed. Entourage =! Reality (or even a reasonable fascimile).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ari better take that job. The characters on the show can't stagnate like this. Drama and E may have their new jobs but they are basically still Vince's band of muppet men. That has gotten old as this season has proven.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
If you think that agents don't take over Holly Studios or Corporations , then you lived under the rock for the past 30 years.

P.S. One should bear in mind that 90% of jobs are sales-jobs with fancy titles.

P. P.S. Drama is walking ahead of the pack in most scenes while Vinny the Poop dragging last. Vinny ,after numerous seasons, still cannot pass a believable shadow of emotion through his feline/marsupial face. That means to me that this is his last season. He is a toast. I would have fired him a few years back . He lacks personality to such an extend that it makes him uninteresting even as a failure.

Damn son, ouch

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Ari better take that job. The characters on the show can't stagnate like this. Drama and E may have their new jobs but they are basically still Vince's band of muppet men. That has gotten old as this season has proven.

+1. He doesn't owe **** to Vince. After all, Vince is the guy who fired him without too much thought. **** Vince. Take the job.

Then force Vince to do the big studio movies he hates for the rest of his pathetic career.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics