• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A5 owners

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the A5 as well. I currently have a 2003 Infiniti G35.

KBW

Reaction score
I "rented" an S5 for two weeks while I was having work done to my dd. PM me any ?'s.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could never settle for an A5 when the S5 is available.

Germanicus

Reaction score
I could never settle for a S5, if the rumors of Audi bringing out a RS5 V10 with 500+ HP are true.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Germanicus
I could never settle for a S5, if the rumors of Audi bringing out a RS5 V10 with 500+ HP are true.

It is going to have a twin turbo 4.2 liter v8

This thing is badass and if it isn't outrageous I'm going to buy a black one

2418692430_8d2bd369c6_o.jpg

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll be outrageously priced if it follows the pricing on the A5 / S5.

Badass for sure though, as nice as they are in photos they are just amazing in real life. I could easily "settle" for an A5.

KBW

Reaction score
Yeah when I first saw the s5 in hitman I had to drive it. a few months later not long after they were out my car was having troubles so I got one for a few weeks while mine was getting fixed. The S5 is incredible and if the RS is under 80 I'll buy it on the spot. I'm going to talk to the local dealer sometime this week and let them know I'm extremely interested and if the price is right to get me down. Who knows when they'll finally be out though...supposedly a 2010 model. Might do a lease for a couple years as they'll do a huge update by 2013 and I can put the lease through my company and then buy it in 2012/13 when the inevitable 2013/14 new model comes out.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
Yeah when I first saw the s5 in hitman I had to drive it. a few months later not long after they were out my car was having troubles so I got one for a few weeks while mine was getting fixed. The S5 is incredible and if the RS is under 80 I'll buy it on the spot. I'm going to talk to the local dealer sometime this week and let them know I'm extremely interested and if the price is right to get me down. Who knows when they'll finally be out though...supposedly a 2010 model. Might do a lease for a couple years as they'll do a huge update by 2013 and I can put the lease through my company and then buy it in 2012/13 when the inevitable 2013/14 new model comes out.
I'm surprised they had an S5 as a loaner when there are so in demand and so rare still in states. Did yours have obvious paint damage? I had an '08 M3 loaner during the period where they were selling for +10K over list and could not figure out why till I looked at it at the right angle.

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
It is going to have a twin turbo 4.2 liter v8
How are you so sure about that? All of the latest rumors I have heard are saying it will just be a more highly tuned version of the current RS4 4.2FSI...somewhere around 450HP. Not that that is a bad thing.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
This thing is badass and if it isn't outrageous I'm going to buy a black one

Why is black so popular for sportscars? To my eye it is so unpleasant.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
Why is black so popular for sportscars? To my eye it is so unpleasant.

A touch of class.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
You are kidding.

I've had 9 cars. 7 have been black. I just like black cars

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
How are you so sure about that?

All of the latest rumors I have heard are saying it will just be a more highly tuned version of the current RS4 4.2FSI...somewhere around 450HP.

Not that that is a bad thing.

It could be that 4.2 but it is twin turbo'd. There's a magazine out on the car going against the m3 on stands now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads