• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Wow, good call. Do you have any stock tips you'd care to share?
laugh.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...31&postcount=8

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
You mean how his head, torso and legs are visually severed (same case as Mafoofan) purely due to camera effects such as this?

dh1.jpg

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
You are a funny man.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Like Michael Jordan?

Also, no offense, but there's something extremely ironic about a man not content with his own physical shape being so obssessed with the "golden ratio"...

Yup, except Jordon has a small head size, wide shoulders and is pretty damn tall. So visually shorten a bit for him would not hurt.

There is nothing wrong for being unsatisfied with one's own physical shape.

I was not content with my own shape (6', 245lb) thus my diet plan (currently 205lb target 170lb). But for things I could not change, such as height, proportions, postures, uneven bodies, etc, I would have to rely on visual magic to conceal them. I want to look my best and cbf what ratios or stupid rules I'll have to follow.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Don't think being a bespoke customer over a diet plan to cut my weight by 1/3 would be a smart choice...

Ah-- the source of crabbiness reveals itself.

Good luck-- losing al that is no joke.

tony19

Reaction score
Nice suits. Where did yyou buy your ties. like their subtle but stylish look...

tony19

Reaction score
Man, Matt has got a great wardrobe...one Negative I noticed is all of his arm sleeves are very baggy and not proportionate to the slim cut of all his suite/slacks. they just seem too loose fitting and don;t go along with the slim fit look.

AntonioG

Reaction score
Wow, just wanted to thank all of those that have shared images and their excellent commentaries. So much to learn, so much inspiration!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rubinacci jacket, tie, and square.

donegal.jpg

donegal2.jpg

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good show. I still think your ties are too wide though. I think if you got them a bit slimmer, your tie knot would sort itself out. Do you ever feel like your fighting with your tie when trying to knot it?

Originally Posted by mafoofan
donegal2.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The tie is actually pretty narrow (8 cm across). What you're seeing is the back blade coming out parallel with the front blade. It's a look I'm toying with but I don't know if I'll stick with it.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you're seeing is the back blade coming out parallel with the front blade.

Yeah, I got that part. I just thought it looked like a bit of a **** sandwich. Since moving to 3.25 inch ties, I've switched to undimpled knots and haven't looked back. But, you know, to each his own.

emptym

Reaction score
^I like the tie thing on occasion.
I thought it might be fun and helpful to see how everyone's Rubinacci jackets look side-by-side. I cropped and sized the photos to make comparison easier.
rcomparison.jpg

FWIW, in this lineup, I like mafoofan's best, and I love iammatt's stuff. Your recent photo from a distance on WAYWRN, mafoofan, looks great too.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whnays shoulders look like they have much more roping - is this a non-standard rubinacci request?

Is nice....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads