• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sad Footnote in Fashion - Mr. Blackwell RIP

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone will critique his burial outfit?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now we enter The Wilderness.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
No. We have Bill Cunningham.

Actually, Film Noir and Manton are starting a Siskel and Ebert-ish fashion critique on E! soon.

Bjork: "She dances in the dark _ and dresses there, too."
laugh.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Interestingly enough, a Mr. Blackwell type poster would be ridiculed and run out of town on this or any of the clothing forums yet you could make the case that he is the type of poster that would be most helpful to us all.

Not suer I find personal insults devoid of any real fashion advice actually helpful.
fight[1].gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Not suer I find personal insults devoid of any real fashion advice actually helpful.
fight[1].gif

Not sure I see which of his comments were personal insults, if you read the article he even mentions that he was not attacking these celebs, just their clothing/designers. 99% of the comments on the board in relation to what people are wearing are positive, and I think that is rather generous.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, Film Noir and Manton are starting a Siskel and Ebert-ish fashion critique on E! soon.

laugh.gif

muppets5largect1.jpg

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I see which of his comments were personal insults, if you read the article he even mentions that he was not attacking these celebs, just their clothing/designers. 99% of the comments on the board in relation to what people are wearing are positive, and I think that is rather generous.

Understood- I was really get at "insults" being accepted as "criticism". Blackwell was critical but I don't find him a true critic in the classic mold as, say, defined by the likes of Willa Cather etc. but rather was just opinion.

To be fair- pulling his one-liners out exacerbates what I am pointing at; and that's not really fair to him.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Understood- I was really get at "insults" being accepted as "criticism". Blackwell was critical but I don't find him a true critic in the classic mold as, say, defined by the likes of Willa Cather etc. but rather was just opinion.

To be fair- pulling his one-liners out exacerbates what I am pointing at; and that's not really fair to him.

And also I meant a "Mr. Blackwell" type poster more in a movie critic type of role rather than a one-line jokester like Mr. Blackwell was often seen as. Maybe RJmanbearpig will take on that role for the forum.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Now we enter The Wilderness.
RJmanbearpig dwells there. In its foyer.

Originally Posted by dopey
No. We have Bill Cunningham.
Mr. Blackwell would et Bill Cunningham for breakfast, and it would disagree with him.

Medved and Kael-like, maybe.

Interestingly enough, a Mr. Blackwell type poster would be ridiculed and run out of town on this or any of the clothing forums yet you could make the case that he is the type of poster that would be most helpful to us all.
I think FNB would beg to differ.

And also I meant a "Mr. Blackwell" type poster more in a movie critic type of role rather than a one-line jokester like Mr. Blackwell was often seen as. Maybe RJmanbearpig will take on that role for the forum.
RJman came from snark. I come from pain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads