• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Congratulations.
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Congratulations!
Originally Posted by kronik
<watches gdl's clothing budget dwindle>
Thanks. At least I can argue that clothing purchases are investments for their future wardrobe
smile.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thanks. At least I can argue that clothing purchases are investments for their future wardrobe
smile.gif

Haha nice. And congratulations.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the incoming family additions. That's a lovely crib also. I guess you are currently looking for a stylish changing table.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got up at 6:45am to go and sit outside for two hours in 40 degrees, awaiting the opening of the 40th annual American Cancer Society Garage Sale (ya gotta get there early to get the good stuff. By the time they opened the doors at 10am, the line was 1/2 a mile long!). It's huge - like a dept store with a monsterous clothing/jewely dept. Shirts are .25-$3 (most are $1), ties are .25 used, $1 new....etc. Like thrift shop prices should be. I was saddened to hear this is the last year they will be having this. I guess I'll need to find another fall source for good clothing. I've been attending the past 10 years and have found everything from Isaia and Brioni to Etro to Jil Sander. They also have a lot of high-end household stuff. This year I spent a little more time in the home decor areas since I now have a house to decorate. Found a couple things: Bambu bowl $2
P1010070.jpg
Ege Denmark pillow. $1
P1010071.jpg
P1010073.jpg
Sorry for the terrible washed out pictures. The print is Danish Blossom by Ole Kortzau. 1986 Anyone have any info on Ege? I couldn't find anything online..... Also found this intersting piece, from Rodman White House (again, the colors are obviously more vivid in person...stupid flash):
P1010074.jpg
Klaw.jpg
P1010076.jpg
P1010077.jpg

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - two boys coming as well... <takes deep breath>

Are these your first? Good-bye sleep ...
laugh.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Are these your first? Good-bye sleep ...
laugh.gif

Yes, the first (and second). It's funny how everyone is telling us to sleep a lot now. It's that bad, huh?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Nice! Lever filler?

Yup, Sheaffer OS balance - best part is the smooth flexible nib, on a Sheaffer!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks - two boys coming as well... <takes deep breath>

Wait, you purchased two boys? Congrats.
laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stokke_170.jpg

those are great, I looked at them when my wife was pregnant with the twins, but couldn't jsutify buying two when we had one perfectly good crib, and couldn't jsutify having one girl in a really cool crib and one in an old one. so we got a clone of my son's crib.

but that is sweet.

congradulations. when are the twins due? feel free to ask any twin questions that you may have

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, the first (and second). It's funny how everyone is telling us to sleep a lot now. It's that bad, huh?

you have no ******* idea. lets put it this way - I know a lot of people with a single child and then twins, I don't know anybody with twins who kept on having kids.....

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you have no ******* idea. lets put it this way - I know a lot of people with a single child and then twins, I don't know anybody with twins who kept on having kids.....
oh well... We didn't get to pick the number so we'll do with what nature gave us...

I guess that my years as analyst and associate in banking prepared me for this.
laugh.gif
I have been used to running on low sleep for years - better to loose sleep over my children than some client presentation.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Worse -- and we had ours 3 years apart. On second thought, maybe that was the problem -- meant the better part of 7 years' sleep deprivation ...
frown.gif

Cool cribs, though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads