• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

matso1236

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noir
What do the tags on authentic Acne Mic Raw look like? I just purchased a pair and am questioning the authenticity.

If anyone could post pics, I'd be your bff.

Im not sure about the tags, but im sure the leather tag on the back is black on Mics, post pictues of yours, i have a pair of max, and they look rather hard to bootleg, all the buttons have acne written on them and stuff...

kit99bar

Reaction score
help for a color blind person
smile.gif

Would it be ok to wear a dark navy sweater with cherry black redwing boots? or do these colors clash too much? I'd be wearing dark denim with cuffs with this if it matters.
thanks!

noir

Reaction score
My leather tag is black but on the inside of the pant, on the tag behind the left pocket, it doesn't say mic in raw or anything like that anywhere. The tag on the inside says the size and it says "tube lena"... 98% cotton, 2% elastane. On the Acne site, http://www.acnejeans.com/system/sear...uct.asp?id=285, it says that it's 100% cotton. Am I just being insanely paranoid or do I have a reason to be concerned?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what the hell does "yoke" mean when talking about denim?

vordhosbn009

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum so sorry if this question has been asked ad nauseum.

I just bought a pair of raw denim jeans (Cheap Mondays, they were the cheapest in the shop and the best fitting on me). I've heard bits and pieces about how to take care of them but never the full story. I've been to wiki and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an article on this.

So has anyone got a guide to take care of my raw denims so that they don't end up being a bad investment?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vordhosbn009
Hey guys I'm new to this forum so sorry if this question has been asked ad nauseum.

I just bought a pair of raw denim jeans (Cheap Mondays, they were the cheapest in the shop and the best fitting on me). I've heard bits and pieces about how to take care of them but never the full story. I've been to wiki and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an article on this.

So has anyone got a guide to take care of my raw denims so that they don't end up being a bad investment?

Look here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=68358

Mods please sticky that thread already.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden Indys, Quoddy Ring Boots, Red Wing 875, Clark P&B Wallabees, or some desert boots (clark? opening ceremony?) as winter boots? I hate it when my toes get really cold in the winter.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
Alden Indys, Quoddy Ring Boots, Red Wing 875, Clark P&B Wallabees, or some desert boots (clark? opening ceremony?) as winter boots? I hate it when my toes get really cold in the winter.

Indys, 875, Quoddy, P&B in that order.

As for the last option, don't limit yourself to desert boots. Chukkas by English shoemakers will have a far more refined last and better leather quality/construction. These by Charles Tyrwhitt, for example:
http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/p/gbpdefau...52824&browse=Y

Also consider RM Williams chelseas, or the AE Tauntons.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to track down a specific peacoat. It's a grey tweed coat made by Hamnett, anyone know where I can browse/purchase their stuff? Similar to this...
spinster1009_whole.jpg
Does anyone know where I can even buy that coat?

noorotic

Reaction score
So I'm looking to purchase a plain black blazer/sports coat...I was checking out a few but I'm trying to pay $200 tops for it...

I was thinking about this Scotch & Soda blazer..

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...d=b&sc=Blazers

Anybody know anything about this brand? Good quality? What's a good blazer for that price range? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics