• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

SilentEdge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francis91
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=68358

THAT's what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch
inlove.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what's the appeal or functionality of the cinchback on some models like for example sugarcane edo ai jeans?

Its kinda like a belt, but you don't need a belt

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its kinda like a belt, but you don't need a belt

does it replace a belt? wouldnt you get scrunched up jeans with the cinch?

i wouldnt want anything fuxing up my fadez

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
does it replace a belt? wouldnt you get scrunched up jeans with the cinch?

i wouldnt want anything fuxing up my fadez

You'll still get mad fadez. No, mad fadez with character.

But seriously, it's a repro thing.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the 3 jeans on the homepage of 5ep (http://www.5ep.com).

Are the jeans, from left to right - 1) Worn, 2) Resin, 3)Raw? Also, are they a true representation of the actual colors.

djs488

Reaction score
looking for something that fits exactly like the nudie AJ sized down 1. Most importantly, needs to have a hem 8" or just slightly less. Looking for a heavier jean. Do you think Dior 21cm or Acne mics will fit the bill?

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Looking for a new pair of jeans. I love the fit on my ajdh but I'd like a slightly smaller leg opening since they tend to go past the back of my chucks and get walked on. Any suggestions?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch jeans.

I love the color of these jeans as is, and I honestly don't care THAT much about fading and making my jeans unique.

I kind of want to maintain this dark indigo color. Is there anyway I can do this, or will they fade over time no matter what?

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
looking for something that fits exactly like the nudie AJ sized down 1. Most importantly, needs to have a hem 8" or just slightly less. Looking for a heavier jean. Do you think Dior 21cm or Acne mics will fit the bill?

I have both the AJ and the Mics. The Mics are close in fit, but a bit lower rise and a little more fitted from the knee down.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I have a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch jeans. I love the color of these jeans as is, and I honestly don't care THAT much about fading and making my jeans unique. I kind of want to maintain this dark indigo color. Is there anyway I can do this, or will they fade over time no matter what?
You could...not wear them. They'll stay dark as long as you don't wash them but eventually they're going to fade no matter what.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kidtwist91
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=590

what do you guys think? i don't like super skinny jeans (worried about the APC NS) but want something to flatter may athletic body (girls say i have an awesome ass).

The Squires are not skinny by any means. If you want somewhat of a fuller cut than APC NS then they would be a good option.

SilentEdge

Reaction score
Hello again, I got my pair of Nudie Straight Svens in Dry Selvage, but now I have another couple questions about the break in. They came as a 34 inseam, I usually wear a 32, so I had it hemmed to just under 33 and they fit great. It's been 3 full days of wear, and now I have really, really bad knee boobs! Is that supposed to happen? They are so bad that they almost flop over onto my shins...

Here is a picture from paint to illustrate my point (I couldn't find my camera last night and now I'm at work
redface.gif
):

jeansee0.jpg

Is there anything I can do to stop these or will they settle down on their own over time?

Also, I play water polo and I'm in the pool an awful lot, and I don't always have time or a way to rinse off after practice. What effect will chlorine have on the break-in process? Thanks!

teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads